• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is a must watch for casual boxing fans?

filthybliss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Basically the title, I watch boxing very sporadically live but do consider myself a casual fan that would love to witness some classics so feel free to share!

some all time favorites
Julio Cesar Chavez vs Meldrick Taylor 1
Bobby Chacon vs Bazooka Limon (they fought each other a bunch but any of their fights are gold)
George Benton vs Rubin Carter (best defense vs best offense)
Mike McCallum vs James Toney 1 and 2 (extremely technical matches between two masters of the craft)
Michael Carbajal vs Humberto Soto
Johnny Tapia vs Danny Romero
Jose Napoles vs Hedgemon Lewis (they fought a bunch too but any of their fights are awesome)
Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Arguello 1 and 2 (absolute wars between two of the best fighters of all time)
Wilfredo Gomez vs Lupe Pintor (Amazing war where you have to wonder how the fuck Lupe had so much God damn heart)
Bobby Chacon vs cornelius boza Edwards 2

Basically the title, I watch boxing very sporadically live but do consider myself a casual fan that would love to witness some classics so feel free to share!
Follow Inoue
Joshua v Wlad
Bradley v Provodnikov
Maidana v Khan
Pac v Marquez alle

some of my favorite CW and HW scraps:

james toney vs vassiliy jirov
bert cooper vs henry tillman
evander holyfield vs dwight muhammad qawi 1
jean marc mormeck vs o'neil bell 1
chisanda mutti vs lee roy murphy
tomasz adamek vs steve cunningham
murat gassiev vs yuniel dorticos
alex stewart vs michael moorer
george foreman vs ron lyle
ike ibeabuchi vs david tua

watch Benn vs McClellen before looking up the aftermath

The fight is biased BS too, and remember i'm English. Makes me annoyed every time i think about that fight. Headbutts, ref being a twat, Don King abandoning his coma-inbound fighter for Benn.

I'd erase that fight from my memory if i could. I really hope there's a special corner of hell reserved for King when he passes.

a more recent example for me would be GGG vs canelo. the fight lived up to the buildup, their styles matched perfectly, both are exciting boxers that brought everything and fought their ass off.

the end result pissed me off to no end, so i only ever watched it once, but i remember thinking it was an instant classic.

as for older examples of legendary fights, you can't miss with marvin hagler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lookatmyopinion
Back