What is a good and easy video editing software

lakersfan45

That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!
@Gold
Reaction score
Hello sherdoggers,

I hope you all are having a wonderful day during these troubling times.
<PandaHi75>
I am a legit professor of biochemistry, starting my first year of tenure track (currently assistant professor) position this fall and I'm very excited.
<17>
However, teaching biochemistry through a virtual space is challenging.
<{spoogebab}>
I would like to make several prerecorded lectures/ videos so that I can demonstrate certain concepts in addition to my live virtual lectures.
<{shaqs}>
I have a Sony HDR-CX440 handheld camera that I plan on using. My two questions are:

1. How should I record these demos, is there a certain video setting I should be using with this camera?

2. What is the easiest software/editing program I can use?
{<shrug}

I thank you in advance for your help and support. In the past sherdog has helped me glue a mirror to my car, measure my fridge, retrieve lost lectures, and tell me where to go in oregon. I know you all will come through again because we are a community that cares and helps.
<Oku04>

Also, if anyone is really good at computer animations and would be interested in a commercial venture send me a direct message.

Maybe you should film yourself doing capoeira and show it to your class. They’ll earn your respect after that.

P.S. Congrats on your promotion, and is the university in CA?

Not really a video editor but camtasia was easy as far as I remember when I used it. I was also winging it with premier pro and was able to put together my animate cc projects without any problems.

Maybe you should film yourself doing capoeira and show it to your class. They’ll earn your respect after that.

P.S. Congrats on your promotion, and is the university in CA?
I don’t know capoeira but sometimes I wwe style wrestle with a big body pillow.

Thanks, yes it’s in SoCal. I was previously a lecturer so it’s nice to be tenure track... and now I’ll have my own lab/ research in addition to teaching undergrads.

Shotcut.

Bit of a learning curve, but there are tons of easy answers to most questions on YouTube.

It depends how much editing you want to do. If you just want to piece some clips together to run with some titles and text, then something free like iMovie would be more than fine.

On the other end of the spectrum, Adobe Premiere Pro is kind of the gold standard in video editing. Final Cut Pro seems like a small step below this on Mac.

I use PowerDirector. It’s lacking some of the super advanced stuff but sometimes is the first to bring new cutting edge stuff to video editing. It’s an enthusiast-level product. Basics are easy enough to learn with quite a bit of room to grow. Price is much cheaper than competitors like Adobe. I would guess most pro Youtubers use PowerDirector.

iMovie was easy to use when I had to use a Mac for college

I use Premiere, it's got alot of capacity and is a powerful piece of software

i use vegas most. theres also windows movie maker, its free with windows, and less complex than vegas

Get yourself a pen based tablet and just use a screen recorder.

You don't have WebEx or anything at your school?

I've been teaching at a university for 18 years, by that way.

Back