what in the f**k happened to T.J. Grant?

Mal Intentions

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
last we seen of him in the octagon he was on a fight 5 fight win streak and was about to receive a title shot...

as he was training for his championship fight he suffered a concussion while in BJJ practice which is pretty strange in itself but it happens so whatever...

6 years later and this man has never had another fight booked or ever showed his face in the MMA community again. what in the actual fuck... last i heard about him, he was mining. does anybody have any more info on what actually happened to the guy? that seems like a terrible way to end your career imo.

Lol. I love how 1-2 times a year there is a “Where is TJ Grant?” Thread

He retired

I kneed his ass in the head cuz i'm a jealous fook!
source.gif

P.S It wasn't Dillashaw who gave Holdsworth a concussion.

He has a higher laying job now.

Terrible way to end an mma career... I disagree, his concussion was so severe that he probably didnt want to experience anything like that again or even chance it. Not all concussions are created equal. Not everyone is Overeem.

"I've been doing this sport, or I did this sport for a long time. Can't say that I'm currently doing it. I'm not going to close the door on never coming back to fight. But at this point, I am just taking care of myself and my family first and foremost. I did well in the UFC. I wouldn't say I made a lot of money, but I was able to buy a house and then buy another one. At this point, where did this sport really leave me? It kind of left me injured and then I had a little over a year where I just basically accumulated debt like most fighters do in between fights. Basically, I was hurt for awhile and I basically had to go back to work and be a regular guy for a bit. I would definitely entertain the thought of going back to fighting. But at this point, I have to also realize that to get back into fighting it costs money. You got training camps and basically put your whole life on hold. Right now it's not something that's in the cards for me having two little ones. It's obviously taking precedence over my life and, you know, potentially in the future you never know. I still feel like I'd love to compete, I still feel like there is some fire in me. I definitely love combat sports and I love competing, so, I'd like to do it potentially, but I haven't made my mind up at all."

I guess he did eventually make up his mind.

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/11/2/...-fighting-career-left-him-injured-in-debt-mma

I met him at the airport. He told me he was planning a return in 2020 but as a welterweight.

Last I heard he was teaching some MMA classes

Terrible way to end an mma career... I disagree, his concussion was so severe that he probably didnt want to experience anything like that again or even chance it. Not all concussions are created equal. Not everyone is Overeem.
imagine how much earlier his career wouldve ended if he were to have got knocked out early on... if you cant come back from a concussion or even attempt another fight then thats pretty lame imo. especially since he was on the cusp of getting the belt.

imagine how much earlier his career wouldve ended if he were to have got knocked out early on... if you cant come back from a concussion or even attempt another fight then thats pretty lame imo. especially since he was on the cusp of getting the belt.

Same thing happened to Chris Holdsworth.

Too many concussions, went to become a potash miner in Canada. Better money and job security, less blows to the head.

The concussion must have been pretty severe which is crazy in BJJ.

Lol. I love how 1-2 times a year there is a “Where is TJ Grant?” Thread

He retired
I wait for it patiently

TJ Grant decided he didnt wana be the LW GOAT it was beneath him

"I've been doing this sport, or I did this sport for a long time. Can't say that I'm currently doing it. I'm not going to close the door on never coming back to fight. But at this point, I am just taking care of myself and my family first and foremost. I did well in the UFC. I wouldn't say I made a lot of money, but I was able to buy a house and then buy another one. At this point, where did this sport really leave me? It kind of left me injured and then I had a little over a year where I just basically accumulated debt like most fighters do in between fights. Basically, I was hurt for awhile and I basically had to go back to work and be a regular guy for a bit. I would definitely entertain the thought of going back to fighting. But at this point, I have to also realize that to get back into fighting it costs money. You got training camps and basically put your whole life on hold. Right now it's not something that's in the cards for me having two little ones. It's obviously taking precedence over my life and, you know, potentially in the future you never know. I still feel like I'd love to compete, I still feel like there is some fire in me. I definitely love combat sports and I love competing, so, I'd like to do it potentially, but I haven't made my mind up at all."

I guess he did eventually make up his mind.

https://www.mmamania.com/2015/11/2/...-fighting-career-left-him-injured-in-debt-mma
basically saying it cost's to much to fight professionally...

I heard he lives in london and work as magician under the name of dynamo

Not sure though.

Damn, been a long time since one of these threads. Way overdue.

Back