What if UFC 230 is askren?

I'd be indifferent. Askren is a nobody in UFC, he shouldn't be main eventing one of the biggest cards of the year in his debut match. And who would he even fight?

At this point maybe

Dana Will try anything to find someone Who Can beat Woodley not name GSP.

(Why the bald goof hate thoses 2 btw?)

It would be cool but Askren isn't headlining anything on a UFC debut.

I would be excited

GSP-Askren
Woodley-Askren

Give him Till or Wonderboy first maybe. I'm in.

Casuals won't care though

Meh.

He is an oddity in MMA, undefeated but really never faced top competition so it is hard to tell how good he really was.

Koreshkov (still somewhat green) was his best win imo and his run in OneFC was mostly against unknown guys some of whom were literally ranked out of the top 100 (fightmetric thankfully ranks up to 200 as I recall).

It is too bad that he had beef with Dana but UFC had very little to gain by signing him

Last edited:
I’d be pumped. It would be like when they brought Ultimate Warrior back into WCW on Monday Night Nitro to confront heal Hogan.

I heard it’s Jon fitch vs jake shields

Meh.

He is an oddity in MMA, undefeated but really never faced top competition so it is hard to tell how good he really was.

Say it was askren vs gsp, wonderboy or Woodley.

Would you tune in to see how good he really is?
I'm a fan and think he might get exposed, but would still tune in.

Say it was askren vs gsp, wonderboy or Woodley.

Would you tune in to see how good he really is?
I'm a fan and think he might get exposed, but would still tune in.
Yeah but I'm aware I'm in a small demographic that would care. I watched most of his fights when he was actively fighting, tuned out a bit towards the end due to the low level of competition.

Also it is way way way too late.

I wanted to see him at his best, now if he were to lose the "too old" excuse would be in play.

It would probably get 12 likes on Twitter.

At least.

Back