What I feared most....

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Macalpinerules, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Macalpinerules

Macalpinerules Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

As a Jones fan it has been clear to me for some time now that he is on a path to iconic status. The Cormier fight was just one more big moment of many to come. I've also never feared the idea that Jones' path to iconic status could be threatened in the ring but I have feared that it could be threatened outside of it.

A little blow might seem like a small thing. Most of us have dabbled in some type of drug in our life, yet for most of us it was not a life altering experience In a negative sense. We simply experimented for kicks and moved on with our lives.

However none of us did so while being in the midst of becoming a sports icon. To be the best in the world at something requires extraordinary discipline and restraint. A world class athlete should not partake in many of the activities the average joe finds himself embroiled in. And with this revelation about Jones, it is clear he is towing the line between what is good and bad for someone attempting to be the greatest fighter the sport has ever seen.

My biggest fear about Jones may be coming true. I've always believed that the battles outside of the ring would be stiffer than any within it. I've seen many of my favorite athletes, from Shawn Kemp to Pernell Whitaker, bow out before their time because of bad life choices (specifically drug use). And I see Jones potentially treading their path.

I don't know what caused Jon to sniff lines, whether it be the pressure of fame or the rush of adrenaline, I just know the guy has some searching to do. He has to make up his mind. He must decide whether he wants to continue to dominate and build his legacy or eventually succumb to the career suicide that these choices he's making ultimately lead to.

2. Megatronlee

Megatronlee Red Belt

We need a petition to get him banned

3. My name is

My name is Shawn

How long till there is a sex tape

4. HelloJapan

HelloJapan Talking loud and saying nothing. Platinum Member

Uh considering MANY felt Gus beat him you should consider him your biggest fear.

5. stevex42

stevex42 White Belt

I hope he has a tiny pecka! :icon_lol:

6. xXx Irish xXx

xXx Irish xXx White Belt

He'll get out of "rehab" and get right back to doing what he does best. Making the whiney ass haters infuriated at his greatness inside the cage. He's young, rich, and the greatest at what he's doing, of course he's going to make ridiculous mistakes. The majority of the planet would be messing up in his shoes too. It's hypocritical to hate on him honestly. He's been surrounded by "yes" men since he started MMA. He'll mature. Eventually.

7. Raul24

Raul24 Brown Belt

there are rumours of him sending dirty snapchats

8. Guardian MMA

Guardian MMA Purple Belt

Its confirmed that its not tiny.
    he had a leaked nude.

I havent seen it but sherdog was acting disturbingly excited about it when it happened.

9. My name is

My name is Shawn

big feet big hands long limbs tiny pecka

10. PorkPiePusher

PorkPiePusher Loro Piana cashmere belt

I made a prediction a few months back that Jones will end his career via getting caught with 2 tranny hookers and some blow. One part has happened, now for the other.

[​IMG]

11. mental mickey

mental mickey Yellow Belt

So Saturday was a Jones after a training camp of Yayo highs and lows?..... 'Clean Bones' is going to be unstoppable

12. xXx Irish xXx

xXx Irish xXx White Belt

That's how Joe Rogan described it when he first found out. He couldn't believe he could win a fight when he is a coke head. haha. It's true. I don't think people are truly trying to think about it from that aspect. While DC was training his butt off, Jones was getting tweaked on blow and then sleeping it off. I'm impressed. It's a helluva drug.

13. CarloVonSexron

CarloVonSexron GOAT

Every one does drugs at some point. Get over it.

14. My name is

My name is Shawn

even George Bush did coke

15. CarloVonSexron

CarloVonSexron GOAT

Truth. Trust me if you grew up where we did you would be like "oh only coke...not such a big deal." Binghamton is just shit...pure shit.

16. PorkPiePusher

Grew up in the bad part of the Balkans during the war. Number of close reatives that overdosed or blew their heads off for not being able to cope is in the double digits - still don't get how where I grew up would preclude me from being the scum of the Earth if I decided to use hard drugs.

17. RealMadridMMA

RealMadridMMA Banned Banned

Sounds like wishful thinking, you must hate.

18. PorkPiePusher

Not really hate, just playfull trolling of a person who I think is a total POS. Kinda like when I chuckled at Hitler getting shot up in Inglorious Baterds - okay, you can't really equate Jon with ole Adolph, but both have in common that my consciousness has an inability to empathise towards bullies of any kind.

I kida always slightly disliked Bones, but I only really started disliking him to a severe degree when the homophobic tweets against those kids surfaced.

19. CarloVonSexron

CarloVonSexron GOAT

I'm not trying to say he's a good person. However, he is human and to err is human. In this area heroin is probably one of the biggest things around. In my personal opinion I don't think it's such a big deal. I'm also an active drug user so my point is kinda moot. Saying he is the scum of the earth is a bit too much. He's just a normal dude doing normal things. All and all...I really got nothing for ya. Your surroundings make you I guess. I'm just stretching at this point. I'm just gonna accept defeat in this argument. I still don't really think its a big deal what people do in their spare time.

20. Jing

Jing Black Belt

He needs to find Jesus.