What have been the most controversial fights of the past 12 months?

Priceinator

Old Gaming Wizard
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
And is there still controversy with any of them?

Discuss.

Benson VS Edgar 1 and 2

Diaz VS Condit IMO

Still think Diaz won 1, 2, 5

Diaz 1, 2, 5.

"Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu motherfucker!"

Was Bisping - Sonnen in the last year? Had it for Bisping imo, though it was very close, hard to really get too worked up over really close fights I think, same as Bendo v Edgar.

And Pacquiao v Bradley!

Was Bisping - Sonnen in the last year? Had it for Bisping imo, though it was very close, hard to really get too worked up over really close fights I think

Yeah I had it going for Bisping aswell

benson isn't champ.

Edgar vs Benson 2 Bisping vs Sonnen

In MMA I don't think there were too many REALLY shitty calls in the marquee matchups. There were a couple I disagreed with, but they were always close fights and I can see how you might have called it for the other guy if you weren't as smart as me. The undercards, however, had a few.

Now as for boxing....

Edgar/Bendo 2
Diaz/Condit
Noons/Couture
Garcia/Holloway

Bendo vs Edgar 2- In my opinion the most controversial decision in the past year. Im a huge fan of Edgar's but I scored the first match-up 48-47 for Bendo and thought it was pretty clear he won the first fight. The rematch however was a lot different. I had Edgar winning the rematch 49-46 giving Bendo only the 1st round. It was for sure a competitive fight but I personally dont see any justification for it being scored anything other than 49-46 or 48-47 for Edgar. No way in hell did Bendo win more than 2 of the 5 rounds

Back