What has more value? Being a former champ or holding a Victory vs Anderson Silva...

xFeeLPaiN

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In the case of Bisping he will most likely still never hold that middleweight belt but at least after he retires he can claim he has won against Anderson Silva so what is your opinion Sherdog ? is that better than being a former champ or not ?

9c121b73a0aefe8621566386331983d9.png

20091022072237_IMG_4247.JPG

It's not about who you beat but when you beat them. By the time Big Country beat Big Nog it didn't mean much. Had he done it years ago...

Are we seriously trying to compare the win of Bisping vs versus Anderson's title reign here? Is that what we're doing?

giphy.gif

Being a former champ > andy victory.

Saying at one time you were the best in your weight class is the top of the sport.

Bisping's win was pretty meaningless.

Well, if you "win" like this, I'd have to go with being a former champ.

Before this fight Anderson only lost to 1 person in the last 10 years. I think this win is almost on par with winning the Belt. If Anderson fights again and was to lose his next fight I wouldn`t say the same thing about that fight. Anderson looked allot better than he did in the Diaz fight. Looks like his chin isn`t what it use to be either.

Sherdog has always been a little light on intellect, but lately it's like Sherdog and rational thought are mutually exclusive.

This is definitely up there with winning the belt.

Its hard to say really. Werdum said beating Fedor was as good as any HW belt.

I think it would be different for each fighter. Forest Griffin held the belt briefly but got humiliated by Anderson... I'd bet if he could turn back time he'd swap having the belt to get that loss back.

To bring McG into yet another thread. I would think that many fighters would love to get a win over him regardless of belts. Just the satisfaction of being the one to humble him would be worth it.

Silva used steroids to win Bisping has only lost to Steroid abusers.

Back