What happens to Duane Ludwig and Team Alpha Male now?

Ahimsa

Green Belt
Reaction score
Prior to Dillashaw's ass whopping of Barao, Duane Ludwig's bags were packed and on his way out the door at Team Alpha Male. We can easily deduct that Dillashaw's victory was helped by Ludwigs coaching. It makes no sense to get rid of Ludwig when he has a proven track record at team alpha male. Does TJ Dillashaw follow Ludwig when he departs which sets up the possibility of Dillashaw vs Faber?

Isn't Kampmann already being brought in as the new coach? I thought that was official but I could be wrong.

Pretty sure bang is opening up his own shop and some of the alpha make guys will cross train with him on their down time but their primary camp will be with Alpha Male

Bang has his own team. TJ splits time between Alpha Male and Bang's team and he always has Bang in his corner.

Well now Faber looks like a total retard for saying Ludwig isn't the reason for their success. TJ striking >Fabers.

Well now Faber looks like a total retard for saying Ludwig isn't the reason for their success. TJ striking >Fabers.

Doubt Faber took too much advice from him either. Likely what caused some issues. The team looked way better on the feet during his time there.

Pretty sure bang is opening up his own shop and some of the alpha make guys will cross train with him on their down time but their primary camp will be with Alpha Male

Bang has his own team. TJ splits time between Alpha Male and Bang's team and he always has Bang in his corner.

Did not know this. It's going to create for some interesting dynamic especially knowing how Faber feels about Ludwig. It seems that TJ is on great terms with Ludwig, wonder if that causes some resentment in Faber?

Pretty much all of Team Alpha Male will still train with Duane Ludwig except Faber, which will be Faber's own mistake and error.

Doubt Faber took too much advice from him either. Likely what caused some issues. The team looked way better on the feet during his time there.

Yeah I'm with this. Faber's striking didn't look THAT more improved. His timing just seemed slightly better.

Is there a source on the Faber/Ludwig beef? I keep reading about it on the forums but no article or anything.

Is there a source on the Faber/Ludwig beef? I keep reading about it on the forums but no article or anything.

Just people speculating.

"Duane did a great job running his practice and he's passionate about his stuff. We implemented a lot of his drills during our set practices and it turned out great. But he was a little difficult to deal with here and there," Faber said. "And so actually it's kind of a breath of fresh air to have parted ways.

"And actually, since we made this announcement of him leaving, it's been the smoothest between he and I, in the business side of things, since he's been here."

Asked to elaborate on the occasional friction he and Ludwig felt, Faber responded, "You know what, Duane's a real emotional guy. So sometimes he's really, really happy, like excited, screaming around. Sometimes he's real serious. Sometimes he's emotional; he's been to tears in practice talking about things he's passionate about and talking to guys.

"So there was some friction here and there, but it was just very short-lived and kind of confusing, to be honest. Kind of friction, but then, like, not friction, so kind of up and down."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/2...-exit-of-team-alpha-male-coach-duane-ludwig-a

Faber seems butthurt that Ludwig wants to start his own gym, taking away $$$ from Faber's own pocket. Faber should have just sucked it up, it's obvious he's doing great things there. The rest of team alpha male will now have to fly to Ludwig to train with him or fly him in and train at a different gym without Faber.

I also would like to know more on this supposed beef. With the exception of the Barao fight I would disagree with the majority of this thread and argue that Faber's striking has looked great since Bang became their head coach. I would like to hear more about this "Friction"

lol Faber said nothing in that statement. How the hell people are taking sides based on that shit? Bang this Faber that, Bang is butthurt, Faber os butthurt lmfao

im pretty sure faber was talking about the business side of dealing with bang

not the personal/training side

The source is kids behind cheeto-stained keyboards.

Everyone at TAM wanted Ludwig to stay on as HC. Bang knew there was more money/freedom in owning his own gym so that's what he chose to do.

The "beef" is that Bang has no financial stake in Team Alpha Male, meaning he's an injury away from not having any income. So Bang decided that he'd have to leave and do his own gym eventually. When Faber found out Bang was planning to leave, he basically made it official and put a timetable on it.

So I don't think there are hard feelings, but I really think the camp is gonna be in some murky waters now that Dillashaw won a title with Bang's coaching being obviously important.

In the post fight presser Dillashaw said he would stay with Alpha but also go to Ludwigs when he's not in camp and having Ludwig come to Alpha when he is.

Back