What happens to Duane Ludwig and Team Alpha Male now?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Ahimsa, May 25, 2014.

1. Ahimsa

Ahimsa Green Belt

Prior to Dillashaw's ass whopping of Barao, Duane Ludwig's bags were packed and on his way out the door at Team Alpha Male. We can easily deduct that Dillashaw's victory was helped by Ludwigs coaching. It makes no sense to get rid of Ludwig when he has a proven track record at team alpha male. Does TJ Dillashaw follow Ludwig when he departs which sets up the possibility of Dillashaw vs Faber?

2. ShreddinMMA

ShreddinMMA Gold Belt

Isn't Kampmann already being brought in as the new coach? I thought that was official but I could be wrong.

3. xBarnmuckerx

xBarnmuckerx Purple Belt

Pretty sure bang is opening up his own shop and some of the alpha make guys will cross train with him on their down time but their primary camp will be with Alpha Male

4. Jamoke

Jamoke Banned Banned

Bang has his own team. TJ splits time between Alpha Male and Bang's team and he always has Bang in his corner.

5. SlicerDM

SlicerDM Peace is a lie, there is only passion Double Yellow Card

Well now Faber looks like a total retard for saying Ludwig isn't the reason for their success. TJ striking >Fabers.

6. willthechill

willthechill Brown Belt

Doubt Faber took too much advice from him either. Likely what caused some issues. The team looked way better on the feet during his time there.

7. Ahimsa

Ahimsa Green Belt

Did not know this. It's going to create for some interesting dynamic especially knowing how Faber feels about Ludwig. It seems that TJ is on great terms with Ludwig, wonder if that causes some resentment in Faber?

8. LordBarnaby**

LordBarnaby** Green Belt

Pretty much all of Team Alpha Male will still train with Duane Ludwig except Faber, which will be Faber's own mistake and error.

9. ShreddinMMA

ShreddinMMA Gold Belt

Yeah I'm with this. Faber's striking didn't look THAT more improved. His timing just seemed slightly better.

10. Junior Cigano**

Junior Cigano** Brown Belt

Is there a source on the Faber/Ludwig beef? I keep reading about it on the forums but no article or anything.

11. Jamoke

Jamoke Banned Banned

This, didn't know they had beef. Bang's a cool cat, Faber.. this boy ain't right.

12. Kalmah

Kalmah Gold Belt

Just people speculating.

13. LordBarnaby**

LordBarnaby** Green Belt

Faber seems butthurt that Ludwig wants to start his own gym, taking away $$$ from Faber's own pocket. Faber should have just sucked it up, it's obvious he's doing great things there. The rest of team alpha male will now have to fly to Ludwig to train with him or fly him in and train at a different gym without Faber.

14. topDJbro**

topDJbro** Banned Banned

I also would like to know more on this supposed beef. With the exception of the Barao fight I would disagree with the majority of this thread and argue that Faber's striking has looked great since Bang became their head coach. I would like to hear more about this "Friction"

15. M.V.C.

M.V.C. Silver Belt

lol Faber said nothing in that statement. How the hell people are taking sides based on that shit? Bang this Faber that, Bang is butthurt, Faber os butthurt lmfao

16. El Chimpo

El Chimpo Cruel Man Platinum Member

im pretty sure faber was talking about the business side of dealing with bang

not the personal/training side

17. ultramanhyata

ultramanhyata Gold Belt

The source is kids behind cheeto-stained keyboards.

Everyone at TAM wanted Ludwig to stay on as HC. Bang knew there was more money/freedom in owning his own gym so that's what he chose to do.

18. Eldorian

Eldorian Purple Belt

The "beef" is that Bang has no financial stake in Team Alpha Male, meaning he's an injury away from not having any income. So Bang decided that he'd have to leave and do his own gym eventually. When Faber found out Bang was planning to leave, he basically made it official and put a timetable on it.

So I don't think there are hard feelings, but I really think the camp is gonna be in some murky waters now that Dillashaw won a title with Bang's coaching being obviously important.

19. Cocrehamster

Cocrehamster Blue Belt

In the post fight presser Dillashaw said he would stay with Alpha but also go to Ludwigs when he's not in camp and having Ludwig come to Alpha when he is.

20. Ranz1977

Ranz1977 White Belt