• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What happened to Stipe?

He got hit by a Ford Focus going full speed and didn’t go down, then he gets hit by a short punch by a guy who isn’t known for koing people and he drops like a sack of potatoes, what the heck happened there?
It's the punch you don't see that gets you.

"This is the worst DC i have seen in a while"

Pretty much sums it up.
He looked like shit until the punch. great implementation of the gameplan, but he didn't look good winning that fight.

0836d255a89e0826fd8c857113793d68.gif

Easy. "the punches that land are the most dangerous ones"

He got hit by a Ford Focus going full speed and didn’t go down, then he gets hit by a short punch by a guy who isn’t known for koing people and he drops like a sack of potatoes, what the heck happened there?
DC was busting HW's up in STrikeforce.

And what happened is he came along at the right time - JDS was ruined by Cain, Cain is always injured, Overreem is past his prime, Mark Hunt is too small and does not have a wrestling background, Francis is mentally weak and was vastly overrated.

DC was too smart for him.

Stipe retard level fight IQ + Eyepokes + AKA gameplan against Stipe + Stipe below average chin = Stipe losing.

This is the worst DC i have seen in a while but these 4 things are a very important factor.
pythagoras.jpg

its the wme era or wwe

it happens in wrasseling all the time they have a fake injury or "lose" a important match but are really on vacation and with stipe having a kid soon what a perfect time to take that L and get out of the spot light

do you guys really think that stipe vs bork would sell the same as dc vs bork? dc and bork are going to milk this thing dry where as stipe would have been boring and wouldnt trash talk much at all

he didn't gameplan very well.

it looked like his plan was to walk dc down... he showed no respect for dc's skills or power.

what him and his team should have done is take the DC vs Bigfoot strategy where Stipe would fight the way DC fought Bigfoot.

utilize your reach by staying on the outside and picking your shots and using your wrestling as a defense

Stipe pretty much ate that full punch from the clinch without bracing for it. If he was moving away fast enough , had his head tucked, or was actively tying DC up, he wouldn't have gotten floored like that. DC saw that opening and threw all that Maijin Buu like weight behind it.

He was never that good

Ngannou should change his name to CaNgannou

he didn't gameplan very well.

it looked like his plan was to walk dc down... he showed no respect for dc's skills or power.

what him and his team should have done is take the DC vs Bigfoot strategy where Stipe would fight the way DC fought Bigfoot.

utilize your reach by staying on the outside and picking your shots and using your wrestling as a defense

It seemed that DC the pressure fighter didn't respond too well at being pressured himself early in the Volkov* fight, DC admitted to as much. Possibly Stipe's team thought that was the way to go. Stipe certainly has had more experience with that of late than, say, high kicks like what Bones got DC with.

EDIT I meant Volkan. I was still suffering from PSTD (post traumatic Stipe defeat) when I wrote this.

Last edited:
It seemed that DC the pressure fighter didn't respond too well at being pressured himself early in the Volkov fight, DC admitted to as much. Possibly Stipe's team thought that was the way to go. Stipe certainly has had more experience with that of late than, say, high kicks like what Bones got DC with.

yeah, it kinda makes sense, but for having that huge reach advantage, i think it was a dumb strategy to be the one bringing the pressure considering it also puts you in more danger to get clinched

Stipe gets caught in almost ever fight he is in. He barely survived Overeem because Overeem went for a guillotine instead of finishing Stipe with punches. Stipe has always been "chinny"

This. I mean he got finished by struve of all people lol.

#Where´sMyJab

He didn't see the punch coming. Most knockouts come from the punch you don't see
100%. Watched it back a few times, he dosen't register at all that something is swooping in from that side so does nothing to mentally prepare for the hit, or recoil any of the impact. Worst kind of shot to get hit with even if it is a short one. Also, DC is stocky. Stocky guys don't need a lot of room to generate their power.

Nothing "happened" to Stipe, other than getting promptly punished for a mistake. Stipe is not what many people thought he was ("greatest HW of all time"), and he ate a pretty devastating short hook from a stalky, powerful Cormier.

It seemed that DC the pressure fighter didn't respond too well at being pressured himself early in the Volkov fight, DC admitted to as much. Possibly Stipe's team thought that was the way to go. Stipe certainly has had more experience with that of late than, say, high kicks like what Bones got DC with.

Volkov fight? I'm confussed af

Back