What happen once the bell rung?

once the bell rings you..

CHARGE AND HIM AND EXECUTE FLYING KNEE ATTACK!@!

it is the only way..

once the bell rings you..

CHARGE AND HIM AND EXECUTE FLYING KNEE ATTACK!@!

it is the only way..

:icon_chee:icon_chee That something for a start.... Ho come on, There are so many so many fighters here, it cant be just this??:icon_chee

This takes me back to elementary school where the reacher put up the beginning of the sentence and you had to finish it your own way...
Once the bell rung...
I shit myself.

you usually attack the guy with the gloves on. what kind of question is this? what happens after you flush the toilet? what happens after you crash your bike? it depends on the person but i would hope any fighter would be focused and pumped at the same time. you go into fight mode.

eh okay, real reply.

Have your gameplan running in your head (You do have a gameplan right) Focus, Take a deep breath, relax, Tell yourself you're going to execute it, and when the bell rings. Do your best.

or..

FLYING KNEE ATTACK!

eh okay, real reply.

Have your gameplan running in your head (You do have a gameplan right) Focus, Take a deep breath, relax, Tell yourself you're going to execute it, and when the bell rings. Do your best.

or..

FLYING KNEE ATTACK!

Well...the reason why I am asking this is because I am great doing all the bag work, shadow box. then...when it come to sparring,especially with my instructor, i just froze.
I have my glove up and we seem to be just dancing:icon_chee i was circling away from his power leg and either I play the wait and see game or just jab first, cross and a low leg attack and then i find myself repeating the same attack over and over again.:icon_neut

you usually attack the guy with the gloves on. what kind of question is this? what happens after you flush the toilet? what happens after you crash your bike? it depends on the person but i would hope any fighter would be focused and pumped at the same time. you go into fight mode.

Of course i know u attack when the bell ring, but I am just wondering if there is such a thing call a ring strategy. like i read elsewhere before someone or some article mentioned stuff like dont move yourself into the corner, move and circle, keep you eye on his chest. Something like a game plan similiar during the fight break in between rounds, you will have you coach, corner man all pouring out their suggestion and advice while you are trying to catch your breathe. I am just wondering if those advice could have been share before the fight even started

O.k to keep it simple, just say you are that coach, and one of your novice fighter is fighting for the first time, he is good with the bag, shadow box but doesnt have a clue who to do in the ring. so what are you going to tell him?

:icon_chee I am trying to be proactive in learning

I know what you mean, but use the Internet to gather ideas and ask your trainer the specific questions. We trained the Crazy Monkey Defence in Kyokushin after I talked with my trainer about it, that way yo learn a lot more than ask all the keyboard warriors out there (or better: here).

Once the bell rings, understand that it's not practice anymore.
You will have to try to hurt the other guy while not getting too hurt in the process.
In my first fight I was kind of dazed when the bell rang and the guy I fought just jumped forward and low-kicked me, that definitely woke me up. :)

Keep your eyes on his chest, dont paw jabs or do soft kicks, and breathe.

Once the bell rings, understand that it's not practice anymore.
You will have to try to hurt the other guy while not getting too hurt in the process.
In my first fight I was kind of dazed when the bell rang and the guy I fought just jumped forward and low-kicked me, that definitely woke me up. :)

Keep your eyes on his chest, dont paw jabs or do soft kicks, and breathe.

Hi Rolf
Thank for you advice, I will take note of this.

i pop one and try to kill him wit dah wang.

Nobody does well when they first start sparring.

But as far as what you are supposed to do? Hit the other guy hard, while trying not to get hit hard yourself. Thats it. Thats what everything in the gym you are doing right now is trying to achieve such as the shadow boxing and the heavybag. The second part ( not getting hit) is something you will develop as you spar more and your coach teaches you more defensive moves.

You want to get a repertoire of moves that you can use in different situations, and mix them up for different situations. For example, if your opponent is parrying your jab really well, you can double jab, or fake jab. If he rushes, you circle out to the right, etc. If you notice that he extends his hand too far when he tries to parry your jab, you fake jab and throw a hook around his hand. This is only after you can do things like keep your chin down, your hands up, and your stance well balanced. Those are the fundamental "strategies."

Anytime you spar, focus on something. For example, try to parry every jab that your opponent throws. Once you get really good at that, keep doing it, but focus on something new, like slipping the cross or blocking the low kick. More than likely though, if you are just starting out, you should just focus on keeping your chin tucked, your hands up, and having good foot movement.

not much difference from befre the bell rings in a way. since i'm thinking of destroying the opponent. maybe the nervousness changes, since you are more focused on the crowd while walking out and things change when you get signaled to start.

Nobody does well when they first start sparring.

But as far as what you are supposed to do? Hit the other guy hard, while trying not to get hit hard yourself. Thats it. Thats what everything in the gym you are doing right now is trying to achieve such as the shadow boxing and the heavybag. The second part ( not getting hit) is something you will develop as you spar more and your coach teaches you more defensive moves.

You want to get a repertoire of moves that you can use in different situations, and mix them up for different situations. For example, if your opponent is parrying your jab really well, you can double jab, or fake jab. If he rushes, you circle out to the right, etc. If you notice that he extends his hand too far when he tries to parry your jab, you fake jab and throw a hook around his hand. This is only after you can do things like keep your chin down, your hands up, and your stance well balanced. Those are the fundamental "strategies."

Anytime you spar, focus on something. For example, try to parry every jab that your opponent throws. Once you get really good at that, keep doing it, but focus on something new, like slipping the cross or blocking the low kick. More than likely though, if you are just starting out, you should just focus on keeping your chin tucked, your hands up, and having good foot movement.

Wow darnok, thank alot man, I will take that to heart! good advice for a novice like me:D

Well...the reason why I am asking this is because I am great doing all the bag work, shadow box. then...when it come to sparring,especially with my instructor, i just froze.
I have my glove up and we seem to be just dancing:icon_chee i was circling away from his power leg and either I play the wait and see game or just jab first, cross and a low leg attack and then i find myself repeating the same attack over and over again.:icon_neut

Well you probably froze against your instructor because you were scared shitless of him to tell ya the truth and more than likely rightfully so. When the bell rings as cliche as this sounds you just "fight". I'm not really sure what kind of answer you are looking for but the trick is to relax and don't get caught early and of course to capitalize on any obvious weaknesses you do see.

once the bell rings i am thinking of being the first to engage. i want to hit my opponent as fast and as hard as possible to set the tone. in both my fights i have had tunnel vision, all the advanced techniques and such that i have gone through in training go out the window and the basics are what wins fights. i have also found pain goes out the window, the sometimes overwhelming feeling of adrenaline carried me through both fights

Back