What goes through your head while you watch something?

Aegon Spengler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I think this might be a fun little game to play.

I often wonder what goes through other people's minds when they read or watch something.

So I'm going to watch a short video and post my thoughts as the video progresses. Feel free to do the same with this video or with a different video of your choice, and I will watch yours and tell you what I'm thinking about.

I am pausing as I have thoughts.

(Try to keep the videos short.)

Here we go:

WARNING

I'm using a Game of Thrones trailer. So if you don't want to see a trailer for the upcoming season don't read this. Feel free to post something different though.

From 0 - 10 seconds
OMFG New GOT trailer. Holy shit the idea of towers and walls full of people's faces is neat and fucked up. I wonder what GRRM's inspiration was for this? Did he come up with it himself or did he base it on something he saw/read/heard about? I wonder if I will ever come up with anything that cool. I could think about all the faces on that wall forever. What an endlessly fascinating idea.

From 10 - 20 seconds
Holy shit the visuals look good. The music is just right. They're setting this up very well. Those candles must have taken a long time for set-workers to place. What a shot. This is great.

From 20 - 40 seconds
OHHH So this is a wall with only (maybe all?) dead people's faces. I wonder how that will play into the story.

From 40 to 1:19
Holy shit!!! Is that the entire cast of characters?? NOOO way, what does this mean!?

I remember taking MBTI tests back in the day and answering questions like "when you watch a movie, are you immersed in the story or asking yourself about how it was made / the technical aspects etc" and thinking- man, people who get caught up in the technical stuff must have a shitty time watching movies.

Yesterday I was watching There Will be Blood for the first time and as Daniel was walking towards his alleged brother sitting at the cabin the camera was hovering right over his left shoulder, and I found myself thinking "that is a fucking cool shot".

I guess I've changed lol. It's interesting how consistent exposure totally changes the kinds of details you're able to pick up on and the narrative that runs through your head as you pay attention.

That said, most of the commentary you posted was probably pre-linguistic before you started the task of writing it out, which is also cool as fuck.

I'm watching this thread and thinking it's way too early for this shit.

I used your example;

- Oh yeah House of Black and White looks big
- Pondered Red Wedding ("I won every battle...."), started thinking bout Roose "Lannisters send their regards"
- Wondered if we'll see LSH ("Show them...")
- Fuck Jon must really be dead
- Wait what they're gonna kill Tyrion?
- Hang on that looks like Dany... Arya, Sansa what's going on here
- (ends) that was shit D & D just trolling. Fucken arseholes
- Man I wish Winds would come out

Back