What ever happened to Hunt vs Schaub?

Earthworm Jim

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A while back as far as I know they were exchanging insults via social media & I honestly thought this fight was gonna get booked...

Turns out now Hunt is fighting Nelson & Schaub is fighting Arlovski

Is it old news? I really wasn't in the know at the time, so can anybody tell me why this fight never took place after all that verbal warfare?

Also, who would have rather seen Hunt KTFO Schaub instead & Nelson get his revenge on Arlovski?
Or...
Who is happier now with the current fight schedule/matchup?

Hunts hand needed time to heal n he made more sense as a headliner in japan

Nah I like the matches that set up now. Hunt vs Nelson will be awesome.

Winner of Hunt/Nelson vs winner of Schaub/AA and loser gets loser.

The matches are great now. We could see a double KO in the Arlovski/Schaub fight. And the Hunt/Nelson fight should be awesome.

The thought of Hunt's fist hitting Schaub knocked him out, so Brendan didn't sign for it.

mark wanted someone who would put up a fight and last longer than a round. but the fights that are made are pretty sweet anyway.

What happened was people said "No, I don't want no Schaub"

Schaub called him out.

Hunt said sure but I don't like the idea of a step backwards (which it is).

UFC decided not to do it, Schaub could be great some day but a fight with Hunt right now will not look good for him.

Hunts hand needed time to heal n he made more sense as a headliner in japan

He was gonna headline the card in New Zealand. It was only the hand injury that caused him to be placed on the Japan card.

The UFC figured it would be good to put him in with someone else who has a glass chin and see who shattered 1st...

Schaub vs andrei ....
No judges scorecards needed. Someone is loosing consciousness.

Both Hunt and Nelson are in ufc top-10, I think.
Both Schaub and Arlovksi are outside of it.
Ranking-wise the matchups make sense.

I think somewhen during his exchanges with Schaub Hunto has said he's not a young man anymore and he has to take the very best fights available in the small time window that's left of his career. So picking Roy over Brandan was an obvious decision.

They should book this fight now. Would definitely watch.

Back