What does Khabib really lose from fighting Floyd?

ChrisPalmquest

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Brain cells? Maybe, but I don't think Floyd has the power to do much damage, especially at his brittle age and with Khabib's cinder block head.

What he gains:

Experience: He get's a full camp of boxing. We saw how far he came from Iaquinta to Conor. He will become an even better MMA fighter for it.

Legacy: if he pulled off a miracle win he would go down as a combat sports God/Myth. If he loses the fight he's still undefeated in MMA and nobody gives a shit just like they didn't care when Conor lost to him.

Money: He says he fights for legacy but everyone loves money. 50 million paydays sound good.

Fame: 20 million plus instagram followers for a fight of such magnitude.

He is suspended right now in MMA at least until December, and probably longer once he receives his sentence. He wants to fight Mayweather in the interim in Russia.

Last edited:
It's just a silly fight, unless it's a MMA match.

Even THEN, it's like

giphy.gif

After all the shit he talked about Conor doing it, he'll look like a goose and a hypocrite that's for sure.

But he can just say 'it is Allahs will' I guess.

He still a nobody out there compared to Conor, and Floyd won't entertain any of his self-righteous "I'm a muslim so I'm a victim" bullshit. Won't even bother getting into the fighting part, he'd be the UFC CM Punk of boxing is all I know.

It's silly and a waste of time when he could be spending that same time building onto his MMA career instead. Plus no undefeated fighter who cares about his legacy should happily take a loss for any kind of money, even if it's in a different sport.

Really, this was what people feared about the fight between Mayweather and McGregor last year... That more and more fighters would start chasing money fights with boxers and putting their careers in MMA on hold.

Khabib would start suplexing Floyd and submit him in the boxing ring just to prove a point. Then will probably get shot by Floyd crew

He might go postal because of the trash talk & press tour with Floyd.

He legit can't handle being teased.

He might go postal because of the trash talk & press tour with Floyd.

He legit can't handle being teased.
That all depends on what kind of trash Floyd talks. Floyd played the race card in the past, experienced the backlash and apologized and hopefully learned from it.

I’m thinking Floyd takes a different approach and just hypes Khabib into some unstoppable force. There’s been plenty of Mayweather fights when he was low key on the trash talk. Cotto, Maidana and Marquez to name a few.

Nothing
Just gets a big pay check. Same thing most respected Conor for.

Still totally pointless if it happens though

That all depends on what kind of trash Floyd talks. Floyd played the race card in the past, experienced the backlash and apologized and hopefully learned from it.

I’m thinking Floyd takes a different approach and just hypes Khabib into some unstoppable force. There’s been plenty of Mayweather fights when he was low key on the trash talk. Cotto, Maidana and Marquez to name a few.
Floyd has a Money Team branch in Russia. I think you nailed it if they were to fight and build the hype.

He will lose dick jelly, the only kind they care about in Kazakurkrainastain.

The truth of the matter first considering Boxing is a different sport and using different "Rule Sets".

Clearly, people only see what they want to see for example Floyd was rocked many times in his chosen sport.

If it wasn't for the Boxing Rules and the bell he would have been K.O'd many times over in the past and that 5.0 would not exist.

Watch....

Not just Khabib but many MMA fighters are useless in a Boxing match they have many bad habits due to the differing fight zones allowed as its limited to hands only. With a strong emphasis on footwork and movement fighting at arms range and in the clinch is where most fail being a more refined combat sport.

So whats to lose you ask well your Legacy, Reputation, Fighting Record, Self Confidence, Fan Base, Public Opinion and Respect for both sports are the immediate I can think of!

It just becomes a Circus event to rip millions in revenue profit from customers who don't know any better either as Boxers or Martial Artist, they just want to be entertained, sadly!

Last edited:
Meh I'll rather watch him fight Ferguson and GSP instead. Then beat Conor for a second time. Inshallah.

Will be worth it just to see the Neocons and Neoliberals vomit as Putin presents Floyd with Russian citizenship (Floyd has said he would like to become Russian). Hey, it has happened before....Notice the leader of the Night Wolves in the background. Khabib just met with him. All part of the process.

As a Khabib fan, I am not really happy about that fight. Especially after Khabibs words of Legacy.
Either he really believes he could beat Mayweather or that Snitch Abdelaziz is his Don King. I also see the purpose of that fight, as Khabib can/will be banned by NSAC for that 229 aftermath, so it serves as a "staying active" possibility for the meantime.

Another pay day for Floyd $$$$$

But Khabib is not a Boxer, his a Grappler / Sambo Fighter

His missing the crisp technical skills of Boxing it's a stupid idea and was proven with Conor.

Some Examples:

MMA fighters have incorrect techniques and bad habits for Pro Boxing matches.

Back