• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What does it feel like to get rocked / knocked out?

Got KO'd in football once. Light shrunk down to a little hole then PFFFT, all the way out. Woke up to my coach waving smelling salts under my nose ??? seconds later. Had to sit out a few plays. Nowadays I suppose I'd be put on the concussion list and would have missed at least the rest of the game if not more and been put on suicide watch or something. No wonder football players are getting CTE.

Also TS, you seem like kind of a pussy.

Depends on the KO. If you go unconscious, well that’s pretty self explanatory. You’re gonna wake up not knowing wtf happened and very delirious.

Just getting rocked is more or less like walking around shitfaced hammered, knowing you’re hammered, yet you haven’t drank anything and there’s nothing you can do about it lol Best way I know how to describe it. Delirious, diminished motor skills, poor judgment, tunnel vision, etc.

Never been KOd but rocked and dropped several times, I would explain it as Confussion, ringing and for me its like looking down the wrong end of binoculars, while trying your best to pull it back together

I got a concussion in a car accident once. It was like everything was happening in slow motion. You really don’t know what is going on. I was so out of it I thought my car was on fire from the airbag being deployed. So I got out of the car into a busy highway. As soon as I got out and stood up the the ground came rushing up to my as I fell over. I felt sick, and thought I was going to throw up. On the ride to the hospital I was really giddy for some odd reason. The rest of the night I was really groggy and not with it.

I’m guessing being KOed is similar.

I have also gotten a few playing football. Those were different. Shorter in length and severity. They were more electricity shootIn through my head, and felt like my brain was on fire.

Feels horrible. I've been rocked before, and my legs just gave out, and for a good 5-10 seconds I was defenseless. My brain was not fully processing everything going on, and I just sat there dazed try to get back to my senses. Its a very weird and overall unpleasant experience to say the least. Can't imagine having to spar over a hundred rounds in a fight camp, and fight for a living or even as a side hobby.

I keep seeing this shit flash by whenever I come to. What is this?
gJTlv.png

Last edited:
Feels like morning, you wake up well rested and ever ree thang.

Well it felt really good for a while. Then my belly got really big because there was a baby in there.

Have you ever went to slep TS? Getting KO'd feels like that minus the comfort and relaxation

I'd tell you, but I don't remember much.

Never KO'd but rocked. Equilibrium goes to shit

Karate tournament when I was 15: Tried a spinning kick, missed, had my hands down, foot across the nose, everything went black for about 2 seconds, was lying on my back and I had no idea how I got there, got up, bit wobbly, only one minute left of the fight, tried to keep my distance because my coach said I was 2 points up on the scoreboard. Score was a draw but I lost due to the knockdown. Had a splitting headache for days after and a broken nose.

Me and my brother got into a fight with a group of travellers once, I had on guy on the deck when another kicked me square in the face, was like a massive flash of white light had gone off, then everything was kind of vibrating for a second or two, then normal after that.

Got jumped walking home from work one night, three guys with baseball bats, was fighting them off for a minute or two then one of them managed to get behind me and hit the back of my head, i didnt feel any pain just went to sleep, I woke up on the ground as they drove away with a lot of blood coming out my head, managed to reach my phone and call an ambulance, had 16 stitches in the back of my head, fractured skull, two broken wrists, two broken Ulna's, 6 broken fingers, a broken nose and 8 stitches on my lip. Had better experiences

I took a massive knee to the temple and it felt like my skull caved in for a split second.

I saw stars and felt really wobbly and uneasy. It took me a second to find my footing. That one was definitely a concussion.

It's the only time I felt concussion side effects after being hit.

In my college years I decided to box my roomate after I drank a bunch of everclear. We put the gloves on (the gloves my roomate was wearing were bag gloves and hurt like fuck btw) and we started going at it. I couldn't see any punches coming because of all the drinking. I got hit probably 150 times over 3 rounds and even took the third round due to my friend getting tired from hitting me so much.

Luckily he didn't hit very hard so I never went down, but he definitely stunned me a couple times where my legs froze up and all I could do was cover up. It kinda feels like you're stuck and every time you get hit it feels like a flash. The everclear probably doubled the brain damage. That stuff is pure fight fuel hahaha.

I’ve never been in a serious fight as a grown ass man but have been hit in the head (eye socket) with a baseball hard enough to nearly drop me.

Imagine it’s similar, like a mini explosion in your brain, then kind of reeling and a weird period training to gain your equilibrium.

Not a great time to have someone keep attacking you.

Me and my brother got into a fight with a group of travellers once, I had on guy on the deck when another kicked me square in the face, was like a massive flash of white light had gone off, then everything was kind of vibrating for a second or two, then normal after that.

Got jumped walking home from work one night, three guys with baseball bats, was fighting them off for a minute or two then one of them managed to get behind me and hit the back of my head, i didnt feel any pain just went to sleep, I woke up on the ground as they drove away with a lot of blood coming out my head, managed to reach my phone and call an ambulance, had 16 stitches in the back of my head, fractured skull, two broken wrists, two broken Ulna's, 6 broken fingers, a broken nose and 8 stitches on my lip. Had better experiences
tumblr_inline_nd70idganz1sjc0eb-gif.181777

Seriously though that's crazy if true. That is straight up fighting for your life. I had two drunks come at me with 2x4's but luckily a crew of my friends were nearby to scare them off.

Back