What do you mean by "fight"?

Will Samuelson

The Bear
Banned
Reaction score
Some debates, particularly on rule sets ala UFC vs. Pride style get pretty heated.

I have a very simple understanding and that is based on my own fight experience and intentions.

MMA, particularly UFC is not a sport that involves a fight. It is a fight adhering to sporting requirements.

Please understand - there is VERY little agreed moral standard even amongst fighters. Some accept they may die and go in willing to accept the consequences. Others are there for hoes and dollars.

But the point is, if you do not fight or haven't even trained with a little adversity, then your half baked opinion on rules and "unfair" tactics, carry as much depth as a sand carpet.

I want Blood

blood.gif
blood.gif
blood.gif
blood.gif
Diego.jpg

Trying to go for the finish, not going for points.

Going for subs, going for GnP, trying to land ko shots.

Not holding position, peppering with weak shots at a distance, not coasting and back pedaling because you won the first two rounds.

I can appreciate technique but I want to see people go for it. Nothing worse than some one completely dominating and not even trying to finish. Or a 25 minute fight where no one get's put in danger at any point.

I don't get the point of this thread, but I'll try to contribute.

"Fight" is a lot easier to say than "fight adhering to sporting requirements".

For those complaining about unfair tactics, it's either because it's a sport and there are rules and things like eye pokes or intentional groin strikes are dick moves, or they're panties need a deep unbunching.

every ufc event i hope they stop fighting and be friends

bs meathead stuff like this is not why i watch mma. its just stupid

the floyd mayweathers of combat sports are the most fun to watch, the most skilled, techincal and masterful combatants there is. true martial artists

PRIDE was like real life Mortal Kombat.

It seemed normal to me growing up on it but now looking back on it it is really mind blowing that all that crazy shit actually happened.

the floyd mayweathers of combat sports are the most fun to watch, the most skilled, techincal and masterful combatants there is. true martial artists
The jbg doesn't require worship, only acknowledgement. Rather see his diciples be in the octagon than those looking to avoid contrition to a descision

If it's not Leonard Garcia, it's not fucking legit.

(Dislike :D)

lol1.gif

john-lineker-vs-francisco-rivera-brawl.gif

"Fight is the most exciting word and possibly the most important word that man has created in human history"-Brendan Schaub

Floyd Mayweather is the reason 90% of MMA fans don't watch boxing. That guy is boring AF to watch

slomoandersondropsleben_medium.gif

I don't know how anyone could deny the work bishop leben did in the community.
Dude was getting demolished still coming at him. I miss Leben. I miss the TUF 1 era. Those fights seemed more real to me somehow.

It's when people have the desire to hurt each other to obtain a goal.

Usually the goal is to protect something (like territory, an asset, another person) or to take that same thing from those trying to protect it.

When MMA doesn't feel like a fight to me is when one person is wanting to disengage or only counter strike. Imagine that you put a pot of gold in the middle of the octagon. Or a person. Or anything, really, any symbol. A guy like Machida who runs around the outside of the Octagon would lose that fight, lose that objective, and thus I can't respect him as a fighter, even if he's a talented sportsman. (This concept, btw, is undoubtedly why judges scored the fight for Phil Davis, which a lot of people don't seem to understand.)

In combat, the goal is rarely just to hurt the other guy worse or to kill more people than you lose. It's to accomplish objectives, and that generally involves moving forward and getting something done within a limited timeframe / ASAP so that you can move on to the next objective.

The best fighters will always be those who finish fights, who dominate, who end fights as quickly as possible while exerting as little energy and taking as little damage as possible. They are the better, more efficient, more effective warriors in combat. They are the best fighters.

Back