What do you guys think of De la hoyas comments

kingobould***

Purple Belt
Reaction score
that he would like to see boxing more like UFC?

I like it to a certain extent but then again I dont. I like the idea of the best fighters fighting eachother. It would put a stop to the whole Floyd/Pac fight but then again what if there were more than one and Floyd and Pac were in different orgs

I like it to a certain extent but then again I dont. I like the idea of the best fighters fighting eachother. It would put a stop to the whole Floyd/Pac fight but then again what if there were more than one and Floyd and Pac were in different orgs

tell mayweather to sign on the dotted line. pretty easy solution! ahhah

Oscar is giving a hint that hes going to have Dibella, Arum, King and Goosen mysteriously disappear

Kind of like Fedor was in a different org from the UFC HW's for a long time while he was still the best?

It would be ok. Even if Mayweather and Pacman were in different orgs Mayweather would still have to fight SOMEONE that isn't a good matchup for him. Zab Judah is the closest thing to a bad matchup that he's ever fought. How long did he duck Paul Williams before that Pacquiao thing was even an issue? Mayweather dodges anyone who has a good shot at beating him. With the way MMA is, that isn't really possible, unless your name is Anderson Silva. He pulled it off for a long time.

Last edited:
Meh. I don't like the idea of one promotion housing all fighters. It's more important to have one governing body, like FIBA or FIFA, recognize the champion. Promotions can still operate individually but having one champion is more important to me.

Kind of like Fedor was in a different org from the UFC HW's for a long time while he was still the best?

It would be ok. Even if Mayweather and Pacman were in different orgs Mayweather would still have to fight SOMEONE that isn't a good matchup for him. Zab Judah is the closest thing to a bad matchup that he's ever fought. How long did he duck Paul Williams before that Pacquiao thing was even an issue? Mayweather dodges anyone who has a good shot at beating him. With the way MMA is, that isn't really possible, unless your name is Anderson Silva. He pulled it off for a long time.

I agree with this.

And it's about time someone named in boxing, finally fessed up and acknowledged boxing's obvious short comings. I would welcome one org dictating to the fighters, who they fight.

It should NEVER be up to the individual fighter's to hand pick their opponents.

Last edited:
I've been saying that certain elements of the UFC work out way better than boxing for a long time. One title per division goes a long way towards forcing fighters to face each other. One overseeing commission determining the bouts is good as well, although the UFC has given some bunk championship shots and skipped more deserving guys. Kos getting a second crack at GSP for example.. he was wasted in the first bout and several other candidates are waiting for their turn. Fitch is more deserving than Kos... Look at Kos vs. Alves and Fitch vs. Alves. It's clear who the better fighter is. and I dislike fitch's fighting style, but he is more deserving. Also, while Kos was getting knocked out by Paulo Thiago, Fitch was beating him...

so the system isn't perfect. I suspect that Kos is getting the nod for the fight solely based on his Floyd Mayweatheresque antics and not his fighting skill. I would want a voting commission to decide the bouts in boxing... on that was outside of the financial influence that certain fights could generate. This would ensure that the most qualified fighters are matched up.

Won't work unless the fighters are all employed by the same company and are all fighting based off of contract.

I'm all for the fighters getting a nice paycheck at the end of the day. What I'm NOT for, is for the fighters to bicker and dispute and negotiate over fucking percentages for every fight.

Contracts insure that this doesn't happen. You get what you are contractually obligated to get.

Since this "one commission" doesn't sound like an employer, this system leaves allot to be desired.

Pretty much echoes what I've been saying for years too. We need to get all the greedy ass promoters away from the control room. Let them work within a system.. don't let them be the system.

we know it wont happen, but I totally agree with you. lets see matches when both fighters are in their primes and not when one is past their prime looking for pay days.

Pretty much echoes what I've been saying for years too. We need to get all the greedy ass promoters away from the control room. Let them work within a system.. don't let them be the system.

Ya I agree. You know what really fuckin pisses me off the most is that a guy like Caballero has all this talent but cant even put it on display because the rest of that div is a bunch of #@!^#'s. Thats the one time that i wish there was one governing body that could enforce these fights.

and a 145 lb de la hoya and a ricky hatton already KOd by mayweather and a miguel cotto that had just survived an 30 minute assault with deadly weapons were mountains for pacquiao to climb?

Non like "UFC" fan boys wont be calling Goldenboy promotions a sport. So its not happening

Back