• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do fighters tell their kids when they lose?

Thy

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So it must be hard to explain to your kid why you lost and why you're fighting. I wonder what these guys tell their kids after a bad loss or even a losing streak in general.

"Hey kiddo, we need money so i get bashed up for you" or "i think it's fun to hit people and get hit back. it's like a fun chess game" or "this is the only way i can legally touch a man like that and i like to touch men like that?"

It must be a tough conversation. Stuff like that could make or break a family and even cause a fighter enough mental grief to not be training good or fighting good.

Most mma fighters:
"Hey son, i got my ass whooped today. It might happen again".

Jon jones and khabib:

"Of course i won again, picograms baby"

"Yes, i smesh again, alhamdulilla"

everybody loses, just do your best, get back up and try again

standard parenting stuff

"Russia numba wan."

FPCBGlthBhT20uOfcp78eNDaBkIpfZdT2mdJh-sp34c.jpg

"I fucking suck and was never good, son."

-most sherdoggers after a loss

"LOOK AT DADDIES BLOODY BLUDGEONED FUCKING FACE DARLINGS SEE ThE FUCKING BLOOD POURING OUT LIKE A FOUNTAIN? ITS OK DADDY IS OK THOUGH, HERE COME MEET THE MAN THAT JUST PERMANENTLY DISFIGURED ME IN FRONT OF YOU HES A HELL OF A GUY"

-Mark Coleman

Their kids probably knows their dads can beat 95% of the population and is immune to getting bullied at school.

That should make them proud.

Just part of life. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don’t.

You win some, you lose some. But you live to fight another day.

" I should have taken that job at McDonald's. It pays better and has decent health care benefits..."

"What was your name again?"

I'll be able to buy you that new toy you wanted!
Yay!

I don't think i'd use any of those lines. :p poor kids.

Back