Crime What did the cops do wrong today Megathread Vol. 6 ? (who knows, lots of cop threads)

Fear, adrenaline, stress-all motherfuckers when it comes to live fire
I wish more 2nd amendment commandos realized this. They all have this fantasy about turning into John wick during an active shooter event

Michigan deputy who got forced to resign after he accidentally recorded himself on his dashcam buying drugs while he was on duty was rehired by another department less than two years later.

He also admitted that he'd bought drugs on duty several other times but wasn't charged and didn't lose his certification.

He left the second department after getting suspended because he showed up for work so high that he could barely drive his cruiser out of the parking lot. The second department didn't know about his drug problem until then because they didn't do a proper background check.

Also, check out the rant that this guy went on in the dashcam footage because he saw a black woman in a nice neighborhood walking a dog.

A dash cam catching a cop buying drugs with talk-to-text and muttering racial slurs is objectively funny.

I wish more 2nd amendment commandos realized this. They all have this fantasy about turning into John wick during an active shooter event

I work at a hospital and that is a legit fear. I am not carrying a firearm, but I know I would try to stop them any way I could. But I have no illusions that even if armed, I would be able to john wick anybody. I would be so afraid of hitting an innocent person unless I was less than 10 yards away

I work at a hospital and that is a legit fear. I am not carrying a firearm, but I know I would try to stop them any way I could. But I have no illusions that even if armed, I would be able to john wick anybody. I would be so afraid of hitting an innocent person unless I was less than 10 yards away
It’s always the first thing I imagine when people try to sell me on the “good guy with a gun” scenario. If a shooting at a mall breaks out and a dozen people from all over the mall draw their concealed piece and start to John McLain’in around, how will anyone know who’s the bad guy? What do they imagine the cops will do when they blitz in and see them skulking around or hunkered down with their side arm, or actively engaging with someone? What if the shooter fires off before escaping into the hysteria and leaving a bunch of dudes chasing their own tail? The opportunities for life and death hijinx are terrifying

I work at a hospital and that is a legit fear. I am not carrying a firearm, but I know I would try to stop them any way I could. But I have no illusions that even if armed, I would be able to john wick anybody. I would be so afraid of hitting an innocent person unless I was less than 10 j
It’s always the first thing I imagine when people try to sell me on the “good guy with a gun” scenario. If a shooting at a mall breaks out and a dozen people from all over the mall draw their concealed piece and start to John McLain’in around, how will anyone know who’s the bad guy? What do they imagine the cops will do when they blitz in and see them skulking around or hunkered down with their side arm, or actively engaging with someone? What if the shooter fires off before escaping into the hysteria and leaving a bunch of dudes chasing their own tail? The opportunities for life and death hijinx are terrifying

I don’t buy the good guy with a gun theory either, however, the ONLY CHANCE anyone has in the event of an active shooter is another good person with a gun, police happen to be on scene and not puss out like Uvalde, or someone bum rushes and incapacitates the shooter during a reload.

I carried a gun for a long time and eventually, the hospital wants to arm me and three others, but I don’t carry one as a civilian. I always felt a tenseness in myself when I carried off duty. It while on duty. Only off duty. And for those that carry often-the times they are not carrying, they feel off, anxious, naked, maybe even scared like “what if the one day I am not carrying, something happens?!!”

What was your old departments training on active shooters? I remember some of your stories sounding like a busy, metropolitan area so I’m going to assume it was quickly locate and eliminate the shooter? If that was what you were taught makes perfect sense why you’d still have it engrained in you. The only way to be comfortable in a gun fight is to have experience and have been combat effective in those experiences. It’s incredibly difficult to know what even a trained person might do when faced with actual fear of death.

https://news.sky.com/story/nottingh...lice-whatsapp-message-about-killings-13121763

I'm not British, what does that proper mean in this context?

But otherwise it is rather callous to describe the victims physical condition like that. Have some respect for the deceased.

Sky News can reveal the "disgusting" police WhatsApp message sent in the aftermath of the killings of Barnaby Webber and Grace O'Malley-Kumar on 13 June 2023.

A DEA agent is trying to argue that he's immune from prosecution under state law in Oregon after hitting and killing a cyclist because he deliberately ran a stop sign during a surveillance operation.

Cops responding to a disturbance knock on the wrong door and don’t ID themselves right away. The start knocking more forcefully and shout that they’re cops. In the space between the dude inside goes and grabs his legally owned gun. When he opens the door he is shot dead immediately.

Last edited:

Cops responding to a disturbance knock on the wrong door and don’t ID themselves. The start knocking more forcefully so the man inside goes and grabs his legally owned gun. Cops kick in the door, see the man armed in his own living room and start blasting.
Every single one of those cops should be fired and never be allowed to be a cop again. Pretty much every gun owner is going to do exactly what that guy did. If someone starts pounding on my door and does not ID themselves, I am also going to go get my gun.

Cops responding to a disturbance knock on the wrong door and don’t ID themselves. The start knocking more forcefully so the man inside goes and grabs his legally owned gun. Cops kick in the door, see the man armed in his own living room and start blasting.

I was actually going to post this one. If they did indeed go to the wrong apartment, they will be properly fucked. Exigent circumstances only apply if you know or believe the crime is happening at that very moment-example being they heard someone being beaten and calling for help. When I say “if” they went to the wrong apartment, that is because ben crump is representing the family and he usually only picks scumbags so it would not totally surprise me to find out that this was the right apartment but the female had already left.

Every single one of those cops should be fired and never be allowed to be a cop again. Pretty much every gun owner is going to do exactly what that guy did. If someone starts pounding on my door and does not ID themselves, I am also going to go get my gun.

If it happened as sated they should be fired and a possible criminal charge.

I was actually going to post this one. If they did indeed go to the wrong apartment, they will be properly fucked. Exigent circumstances only apply if you know or believe the crime is happening at that very moment-example being they heard someone being beaten and calling for help. When I say “if” they went to the wrong apartment, that is because ben crump is representing the family and he usually only picks scumbags so it would not totally surprise me to find out that this was the right apartment but the female had already left.
If dispatch gave the wrong address it won't be on the officers

It was completely messed up, and there's nothing the cops can do to absolve themselves from this murder. Everything the Airman did up until his murder was lawful and justified.

Last edited:
Well, I just saw the bodycam footage and that was a fucking murder in my opinion.

The door was just opening and the cop just started blasting. No order to put the gun down, no attempt to de-escalate, no attempt to see if the guy was a legitimate gun owner, not anything.

There was absolutely nothing before it to justify that level of tension on the cop’s part. The woman who talked to him when he arrived didn’t even seem sure where the noice was coming from.

There was no noice whatsoever or disturbance coming from that apartment. The fucking birds were chirping were the loudest noice in the video.

Shit, I just realized that this is the same department that the acorn deputy worked for.

Seems like the SD is full of trigger-happy cowards.

Shit, I just realized that this is the same department that the acorn deputy worked for.

Seems like the SD is full of trigger-happy cowards.

This is why we had that huge debate about sh*tty training and bad environments. This is seeming to be a department of scared sh*tless turds doing everything in their power to reduce the public trust in police. But the problem is bigger than two idiot officers, its systemic in more than one place.

It all looks pretty damning but I don’t mind waiting for all information to come out.

Back