What counts as steroids?

Kade

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I went today to GNC to check out this Xyence stuff and as I begin to look what it does to improve your work out I see that the products are labelled on the front by basicly Creatine which in my case I consider they only make you retain water, testosterone enhancement and anabolics. The person that was selling it to me could not really tell me what it was made from or what effects it really had. I wonder really if testosterone and anabolics are in them doesn't that make it be like steroids?

Can someone tell me the difference between this things and steroids?

What side effects do this products have or what are their real effects?

You're either introducing your body to an foreign, antibiotic substance or you're not. There's no in between and don't let any of those over the counter products fool you. Number one, anything that helps your body produce more test, for example, is actually doing the opposite of what an antibiotic steroid tends to do. By that I mean when you start to take on testosterone, via intramuscularly injection for example, you're body recognizes this influx of testosterone and quits producing it's own, temporarily. Hence your balls tending to shrink over prolonged use/abuse. Ttat's why there's a huge letdown at the end of a cycle. You're test through injection is no longer present, plus your body has not yet started to produce it's own leaving you feeling drained and lifeless.

FightFan4Ever said:
You're either introducing your body to an foreign, antibiotic substance or you're not. There's no in between and don't let any of those over the counter products fool you. Number one, anything that helps your body produce more test, for example, is actually doing the opposite of what an antibiotic steroid tends to do. By that I mean when you start to take on testosterone, via intramuscularly injection for example, you're body recognizes this influx of testosterone and quits producing it's own, temporarily. Hence your balls tending to shrink over prolonged use/abuse. Ttat's why there's a huge letdown at the end of a cycle. You're test through injection is no longer present, plus your body has not yet started to produce it's own leaving you feeling drained and lifeless.

I think you mean anabolic, not antibiotic. Endo or exogenous analogs of testosterone can result in hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular shutdown or inhibition. As for the ball shrinkage that's due to the lowered production of sperm. Natural or endopgenous production of test can be shutdown or stopped long before there's any ball shrinkage.

As for the xyience products, none of them contain any steroids and creatine is pretty harmless and worthless. There's slight chance that there is cross contamination due to the packaging facilities but this won't cause much of any affect.

perfy said:
I think you mean anabolic, not antibiotic. Endo or exogenous analogs of testosterone can result in hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular shutdown or inhibition. As for the ball shrinkage that's due to the lowered production of sperm. Natural or endopgenous production of test can be shutdown or stopped long before there's any ball shrinkage.

As for the xyience products, none of them contain any steroids and creatine is pretty harmless and worthless. There's slight chance that there is cross contamination due to the packaging facilities but this won't cause much of any affect.

Sorry, my auto spell checker did that and I didn't even notice. Typed that up while doing other things. My bad.

well does anyone here knows if this Xyence products are indeed worthy of using or do they contain any side effects?

Kade said:
I went today to GNC to check out this Xyence stuff and as I begin to look what it does to improve your work out I see that the products are labelled on the front by basicly Creatine which in my case I consider they only make you retain water, testosterone enhancement and anabolics. The person that was selling it to me could not really tell me what it was made from or what effects it really had. I wonder really if testosterone and anabolics are in them doesn't that make it be like steroids?

Can someone tell me the difference between this things and steroids?

What side effects do this products have or what are their real effects?
Did you tell them the Iceman Sent you?

Almost, nah here there were some posts talking so much about it I had to check out what it was all about, didnt bought it anyways I still dont know what that thing is made off

In American sports today there are quite a few non-steroid supplements that are banned and are commenly called steroids for the benefit of the public. Banned substances are not necessarily steroids though I'm not sure what is banned in the UFC. The only problem I've seen with creatine is that when you get off it you shrink down pretty quick. I guess that doesn't matter if you stay on it, but a lot of people I work out with decided shortly after starting that they'd rather go natural and have suffered for it. Natural is the way to go, i know no one is asking, anything else will only let you down in time.

perfy said:

don't forget the estrogen gaining prominance when the test level is down=> Man Boobs.

truth be told, there are ways to use steriods effectively, within a margin of safety or calculated risk. Problem is you need to be under close supervision of trained medical doctor plus a long period of experimentation to figure out exactly what works and what doesn't for your particular body. All this costs tons of $$$, time and dedication for a chance to do things safely.

Vast majority of people don't do it right and shave years off their life. not to mention the list of problems that can fill up the ABCs.

regardless of how the testosterone levels are increased (oral, injection, oil based/ water based, combination of legal drugs that turn into steroids inside the body, etc) its just not worth it for most of us.

drstrangelovitz said:
In American sports today there are quite a few non-steroid supplements that are banned and are commenly called steroids for the benefit of the public. Banned substances are not necessarily steroids though I'm not sure what is banned in the UFC. The only problem I've seen with creatine is that when you get off it you shrink down pretty quick. I guess that doesn't matter if you stay on it, but a lot of people I work out with decided shortly after starting that they'd rather go natural and have suffered for it. Natural is the way to go, i know no one is asking, anything else will only let you down in time.

You only shrink down because you loose all that water that the creatine makes you retain, thats why you put on 10lbs in 2 weeks, its just water retention, its not like any of it is "earned" muscle.

Steroids work, plain and simple. GNC cannot sell steroids, or anything with "little bits of steroids" in them. GNC also cannot sell things with little bits of crack or marijuana just because it only contains little bits.

Now, GNC can sell "prohormones." The zinc analogy is ok as a prohormone, but then you can also add any type of fat or most food to it. The body ingests food, then it makes certain chemical intermediates (dhea, cholesterol, andro) prior to becoming testosterone. So, people found injecting test worked, but soon became illegal. So, someone though if you ingested something that was a chemical intermediate you would still get increased testosterone production without taking something that was considered illegal. Great story, but doesn't really work well. Most studies done with people getting blood work have shown that in most cases the test increase is minor and normally a good amount of estrogen is increased. Many a PhD thesis was done on prohormones only to find no difference in the lean muscle mass gain between control and prohormone group.

Now, there are some 2nd and 3rd generation prohormones which have seemed to work ok. But as soon as something works well (or as soon as the FDA finds out) they ban it. If they don't ban it then I would feel as if it doesn't work. Might as well increase your knowledge and then do the real thing. At the end of the day (regardless of legality) you are either increasing testosterone with some brand new, relatively untested substance with a high likelihood of bad side effects, or increasing test with something that has been around for years and is well documented.

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread and the previous one of the same name. Read carefully.

Back