• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What country has the best/worst cuisine?

American food:
ExWPfGd.jpg

Russian food:
jzKMm28.jpg

You decide

Idunno probably best - Italians worst - British

My father in law, who was a professional chef himself, always states the Chinese are the best chefs in the world, but I disagree; the bat soup leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

American food:
ExWPfGd.jpg

Russian food:
jzKMm28.jpg

You decide
Some of the worst food I’ve ever had was in Russia, and some of the best too.
But the worst food was local cuisine, and the best was not so I guess it doesn’t count as Russian food(Upscale Italian steak house , it was strange considering where it was but there is a reason for it)

India best. Scotland worst.
I’ve had decent food in India, nothing that I would say stood out as “The best” or even memorable
Food in Scotland does suck unless it’s at a non local food place and still it seems “Off”
Went to a super upscale Steakhouse with customers in Aberdeen, and it was still “sub par “ imo.

Favorites: Japanese/Murican.
download.php

19966-AD1-7462-4-D87-840-E-01-BA615-D8067.jpg

Dislike: haven’t developed a disdain for one type cuisine yet. (Haven’t tried enough yet).

Last edited:
Something I think to ponder also, for the responses in here , have you BEEN to these countries and eaten the local Cuisine?

I have and what I’m basing my responses on.

the way some replies read I’m thinking some are talking about eating food in their own country , from different places. Ie having Indian food in New York or London for example doesn’t do this thread it’s merit.

I mean I’m not gonna judge Italian food when I’m eating a Pizza from the New Orleans Pizza kitchen in Iquitos, Peru.....

(How ever it has better pizza IMO than half the pizza’s I’ve had in Italy lol)

I’ve had decent food in India, nothing that I would say stood out as “The best” or even memorable
Food in Scotland does suck unless it’s at a non local food place and still it seems “Off”
Went to a super upscale Steakhouse with customers in Aberdeen, and it was still “sub par “ imo.

I like the simple dishes of India the most. Basic red chicken curry with rotis, butter chicken n' naan, paronta, etc. If Im going more regional with it then Punjab province has the best food of India imo.

As far as Scotland goes all their food may as well be boiled leather boots and stones. Rightfully not known for their culinary artistry. I had a dessert at a dinner with a Scottish immigrant friends family and it seemed to be fermented (rotten) blueberries thrown on a pastry crust. The main course was haggis of all the things they couldve done, go for the most stereotypical. It took great effort to down the dessert without gagging.

Back