What chance do you give Conor against Floyd this Saturday?

What chance do you give Conor against Floyd next Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Someone needs to post a gif of vince mcmahon walking to the ring cuz Conor has no chance in hell

Using my best logic in what I know about boxing and MMA, I just can't see how it is possible for Conor to win. I mean, I am buying the fight and I will be hoping like hell, but even with luck I just can't see how Conor can win.

I mean, seriously. This is the thinking of some fans.

"if he can tag nicks little bother he should be able to land on floyd aswell"

He has a slightly better chance vs Floyd than he would against Marcelo Garcia in a grappling match.

no way.....there is no punchers chance in grappling.....add in the possibility of the knockout coming from the less skilled fighter....

Because it's free money? You can make ~300 dollars with 1000, and if that's not enough for you, then bet 2000 or 3000 or 30,000. If you think 300 dollars is "nothing" then you must have so much money you'll be able to get tens of thousands from a Mayweather victory, if not hundreds of thousands. And there's 0% chance of losing, remember?

That's..... not how it works. You don't spend your whole fortune on lottery tickets because there's a chance you'll win and get a big payout. Not familiar with game theory, are you?

@SherdogJoe I never knew gambling was such a difficult concept until your thread and all these subsequent ones...

Haha yeah it's seriously strange. It's not that hard to understand, yet there's people who write nonsense like:

"Conor has no chance, but a bet on floyd isn't worth it because of the odds!"

And then even after explaining their faulty logic, they still don't seem to grasp it.

And now that andrew guy clearly has no understanding when he writes "in reality, anyone who believes conor has any chance whatsoever should put everything on him, big payout, no?"

I mean I never exactly thought sherdog posters were rocket scientists, but this shit is just ridiculous.

Floyd Mayweather is underestimating Conor McGregor's power and youth, and I think McGregor will knock him out.

I've been watching both guys fight for a long time. I don't care if I'm wrong, maybe I am, I just always felt like Mayweather's style is begging for him to be caught by a good, big southpaw, and I'm not confident in Mayweather's chin vs. McGregor's left hand.

There's something about breaking Rocky Marciano's record... 49-0... it won't happen. Larry Holmes was the last to nearly do it. He went on to lose to Michael Spinks in a massive upset. My dad bet on Spinks and won. I'm betting McGregor, by stoppage, in a massive upset.
{<Mcgoat}<{JustBleed}> <31>We'll see.

I won't be surprised if it looks like the Gall vs Punk fight

I guess there's the off chance Floyd shows up old and rusty and Conor lands the right shots on him.

But in reality, Mayweather had the style that prevented him from taking damage during his career and he likely is in great form and won't miss a step. If he's in the realm of what he was during his great run, I don't see how Conor beats him.

For me, it definitely boils down to the notion that even the best mma boxers are likely not going to beat mid-tier boxers of the same weight class in boxing. Floyd is not mid-tier. He's one of the best ever. Conor has power and timing, but Mayweather is technically and experientially years beyond him in this particular sport.

It's very, very difficult for you to convince me that someone who beat Moseley, Canelo, Marquez, Maidana, Cotto, ODH, Pac, etc is going to somehow lose to McGregor.

The entire luster of the fight is drawing power and the ability of Conor to appeal to the casuals that he has a decent shot.

Last edited:
Fight is a win-win for Conor and Floyd. Even if Conor loses bad, he wins with that payday.

Only one who stands to lose a lot is Dana if his biggest draw opts to take that huge paycheck and retire from combat sports.

I guess there's the off chance Floyd shows up old and rusty and Conor lands the right shots on him.

But in reality, Mayweather had the style that prevented him from taking damage during his career and he likely is in great form and won't miss a step. If he's in the realm of what he was during his great run, I don't see how Conor beats him.

For me, it definitely boils down to the notion that even the best mma boxers are likely not going to beat mid-tier boxers of the same weight class in boxing. Floyd is not mid-tier. He's one of the best ever. Conor has power and timing, but Mayweather is technically and experientially years beyond him in this particular sport.

It's very, very difficult for you to convince me that someone who beat Moseley, Canelo, Marquez, Maidana, ODH, Pac, etc is going to somehow lose to McGregor.

The entire luster of the fight is drawing power and the ability of Conor to appeal to the casuals that he has a decent shot.
<mma4>

No chance. He has far less chance than anyone Floyd has fought before.

I had thought he had "no chance" but damn... Conor exudes confidence and Floyd... not so much. I could see McGregor pulling if off, but it's a slim chance. The logical side of my brains thinks it's more likely Floyd will pick and run, and it will go to a boring decision.

If confidence mattered Rousey would beat Cain like she said.

"No chance" voters should be betting the farm on Mayweather if they really believed it.
Problem is, everyone knows god damn good and well Mayweather is going to win. No point in betting the farm when you will win the farm plus .29

That's about retard level IQ. So yep that sounds about right.
I genuinely don't understand. And the thing is, most of these people don't get it even after you explain. Concepts like 0% and "free money" might as well be some alien language.

OH BOY I'LL ONLY GET 3K IF I BET 10K? FUCK THAT I'LL RATHER SPEND 1/3 OF MY WAKING TIME WORKING A JOB FOR A MONTH RATHER THAN IT GET FOR FREE

Floyd is boring against dangerous, world class professional boxers because it's prudent that he do so. Conor is not that caliber a boxer so i personally believe that you will see a much more aggressive, exciting style from Floyd next saturday. Just my opinion mind you....
Floyd is not going to be uber agressive. Floyd is a master salesman and you bought it

I don't see how he wins. It will be interesting to see what Connor does. I doubt he wants to go out and there and lose a terribly boring decision, so hopefully he isn't just going to take a shit in the ring and take the money and run. People are spending a lot of money to see this fight, and it sucking would be a real downer for combat sports, freakshow or not. Who knows, maybe Floyd got old and Connor can land something, but I doubt it.

Back