What chance do you give Colby in a rematch against Kamaru?

Usman wins 4 out of 5 times.

Probably a competitive fight. It was 2 - 2 going into R5 last time.

He's not gonna take Usman down and control him on the ground and he's not gonna KO him on the feet so odds are pretty slim.

He could win a very close decision if both of them do nothing for the entire but judges usually just give it to the champ when that happens.

upload_2020-9-30_0-5-40.gif

The rematch doesn’t happen imo. Burns beats Usman imo and full camp Mas would be a dangerous opponent for Colby.

...I mean, if you call someone breaking a rib at some point in the fight and then rounds later falling on it funny a "go-to" technique that he can utilize against Usman, then sure.
Sure I guess if Colby is blasting Usman to the body, it's possible that he falls on his broken rib funny. Only sureties in life are death and taxes afterall.

This, first fight was a lot closer than what Sherdoggers like to accept.
I hate Colby and it was pretty funny him running away from the octagon as a bad loser, but you are right. Yes, it was. And his chances are better now because he knows what Kamaru is going to present.

I give a slightly advantage to Kamaru because he is stronger and more resilient, and probably he has more chances to take Colby down than otherwise because of his strength. The only way Colby has is volume and don't get hit so much as the last time.

Colby would win a hard fought decision, the broken jaw cost him in the last fight! But at 190 pounds, he would destroy Lebron James!! Remember what Royce Gracie did to the big guys?

Well it would be impossible to say he has no chance, he gave him a helluva fight last time. I just hope it’s as much as a banger as it was last time.

10-30%. I think he can make it very, very competitive, but Usman's too much for him, ultimately.

I think I’d favor him in the rematch. If his jaw didn’t break, I think he would have won the first fight too.

If Usman didn't cheat in the last fight he would end up being knocked out.
Are we going to pretend that it didn't happen?

It's a very close match up, but if Usman wasn't allowed to cheat I'd give Colby 75%.

It’s a coin toss, IMO. The first fight was super close up until the stoppage. All credit to Usman, of course, for getting the stoppage.

...I mean, if you call someone breaking a rib at some point in the fight and then rounds later falling on it funny a "go-to" technique that he can utilize against Usman, then sure.

I think you mean "if you break someones rib during the fight ..." Do you hate Colby so much that you actually think that Tyron broke his own rib?

I give him a slightly better chance this time.

The fight was very close until the end last time and Colby's striking seems to have improved, although on the other hand judging this by a performance against this version of Woodley might not be too accurate.

Very hard to judge Colby based off of his last performance. I want to see him against a legitimate title contender. Not an expired Lawler or Woodley.

That is not to say that he has not beaten legitimate competition, but I want to see how he performs against the actual cream of the crop, i.e. the top five. Heck, with the exception of Wonderboy (bad style match-up, Wonderboy likely gets out pointed) or Chiesa (his record does not justify a top 10), I would be interested in seeing him against anyone in the top ten.

Back