• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What boxers of any time would have had the best style for mma

Kermit Cintron as he wrestled in highschool and college. Cintron is also quite the actor as he can likely turn any punch into a headbutt and when things are likely too much for him he can just fling himself over the ropes

Lmao.

The first answer was the best, Rigo. I don't agree with Tyson at all. The differentiating factor isn't the ability to beat someones ass using their fists- any boxer worth talking about can do that- but rather the method in which they do so in regards to footwork, angles, and distance.

That's why I don't like any of the aggressive, come forward guys as an answer. A lot of the most successful strikers in MMA are the cagier guys who make you come to them. not because they're necessarily better strikers, but by controlling the range and limiting the grappling exchanges they take place in they spend more time playing their money game.

a boxer with huge athletic ability who learns to sprawl and brawl would be fun to watch.

Paul Berlenbach.

AAU wrestling champ
Light heavyweight boxing champ

Danny Hodge, if that counts.

Otherwise Jeremy Williams and any of the guys who trained and fought in pre-Marquis de Queensbury rules.

In other words, all of them had enough boxing, the ability to grapple and stay on their feet is what would be the differentiating factor.

That's right. Williams is a blackbelt in judo

Hearns could possibly keep his legs safe from a wrestlers shot by using his jab and brings big power from range.

But probably tyson, stocky build, low centre of gravity and rediculous power and confidence.

He's had 5 mma fights then seems to have stopped fighting to do TV/film. Here's his last:

[YT]_vMFAArQ07g[/YT]

he also have one sub win, i can see him doing well in MMA

The first answer was the best, Rigo. I don't agree with Tyson at all. The differentiating factor isn't the ability to beat someones ass using their fists- any boxer worth talking about can do that- but rather the method in which they do so in regards to footwork, angles, and distance.

That's why I don't like any of the aggressive, come forward guys as an answer. A lot of the most successful strikers in MMA are the cagier guys who make you come to them. not because they're necessarily better strikers, but by controlling the range and limiting the grappling exchanges they take place in they spend more time playing their money game.

roy-jones-jr-ko-o.gif

Worked for Silva. Until it didn't.

James toney and bhops are/were very hard to hit ... so that ringmanship might have translated

Back