• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What book(s) are you reading now?

Mason & Dixon
71Esw5QAmOL.jpg

Last edited:
I'm reading the Darth Bane trilogy by Drew Karpyshyn again, almost finished the second book. I'm on a bit of a Star Wars thing at the minute.

Twighlight. I wish I sparkled. Sigh.
Also The Reckoners by Brandon Sanderson

Love these threads. Currently reading Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari. Pretty good so far but looking forward to getting back into my true love of fiction. Last book i read was The Stand by King, obviously fucken good.
I heard CBS has ordered 10 episodes for The Stand

Love these threads. Currently reading Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari. Pretty good so far but looking forward to getting back into my true love of fiction. Last book i read was The Stand by King, obviously fucken good.
I half hate these threads. I always end up adding to the list of books I want to read, and it is too long as is o_O

Neil Gaimans Sandman series only on vol 3

“Homage to Catalonia” by George Orwell. Gritty, honest, at times painfully funny first-hand acount of trench warfare in Spain in 1930s.

I half hate these threads. I always end up adding to the list of books I want to read, and it is too long as is o_O
i get most my ideas for books to read on these threads, but i know what youre saying my backlog of books to get through is huge as well. i just saved The Fisherman on ebay, the book mentioned on page 1

as at the moment I'm reading the Chris Carter's thriller novel. I AM DEATH,

Ha , read that a few weeks ago. Just finished his The Night Stalker yesterday and am reading The Crucifix Killer now. Wrong order I know but...

Also on the go I have - Steven King Skeleton Crew ( bathroom ), Dean Koontz The Face (at work )

Right now I'm reading Lost in the Funhouse by John Barth.

The last two months or so:
Pan by Knut Hamsun
God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkian by Kurt Vonnegut
Warlock by Oakley Hall
The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson

I'm reading the Atlantis trilogy. It's okay I guess. Before that was Abercrombie's whatever it's called trilogy which was brilliant.
The First Law trilogy? They are indeed brilliant, the others in the series are also very good, especially The Heroes.

I'm reading the Darth Bane trilogy by Drew Karpyshyn again, almost finished the second book. I'm on a bit of a Star Wars thing at the minute.

One of the few trilogies that gets better with every book.

One of the few trilogies that gets better with every book.

Most definitely, one of my absolute favorite book series too. I've read it a bunch of times.

I pretty much exclusively read horror, sci-fi and/or thriller novels

Just finished this yesterday:
71l6BaNbV1L.jpg

Thought it was excellent, just started this one:
facebook-broken-monsters-sa--240x368.jpg
I pretty much exclusively read horror, sci-fi and/or thriller novels

Just finished this yesterday:
71l6BaNbV1L.jpg

Thought it was excellent, just started this one:
facebook-broken-monsters-sa--240x368.jpg

I'm a huge fan of horror fiction as well. Though, I haven't read either of these books. I've heard great things about THE FISHERMAN & I plan to read it at some point because I really enjoyed his collection of short fiction THE WIDE CARNIVOROUS SKY AND OTHER MONSTEROUS GEOGRAPHIES.
The last really great horror novel I've read was Ronald Malfi's BONE WHITE which was creepy as hell. I highly recommend it. In fact, I recommend all of Malfi's work.

Back