• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What book/novel do you want turned into a movie, series, or mini series

Some of you guys nailing stuff I always rant to my friends about irl and they can't care less! lol...anyways...
Forgotten Realms, specifically Drizzt Do'Urden and the Homeland series .
ALWAYS wanted to see this, more specifically always thought it was RIPE for a huge series, wether live action or animated, like the animation they used for the final fantasy stuff where it's clean and uber-realistic but still fantasy-esque if that makes sense, just so much good story and characters there.

The Darth Bane trilogy
yes!

I don't read that much, but when I do it's older books. New or updated versions of:

Slaughterhouse Five
Brave New World
Farenheit 451
Always wanted a good, updated Farenheit, keep hearing rumors that Tom Hanks was gonna be Montag in it, but haven't heard anything in a while now.

They always fuck up Dean Koontz. I would like them to do The Fear Nothing books. Also Redo Odd Thomas with a budget.
I actually liked Odd Thomas, by far the best Koontz to make screen, Fear Nothing would be AMAZING, always wanted a Netflix/hbo/whatever series for Twilight Eyes, set in the right time period, heard AMC was gonna do one at one time but were updating it, and it makes no sense to do that, the carnival they are a part of doesn't exist any more...but god it could be such a good series. Would take a budget for effects, but god itwould be great...Dragon Tears or The Taking would be great movies imo.

As for my own, The Half-Orc Series by David Dalglish would be amazing movies OR series, just great stuff...darker fantasy, nothing black/white, everyone has faults...good stuff.

I agree with quite a few here. A Happy Potter TV series would be absolutely amazing, on like an HBO/Netflix budget.

REALLY flesh out the books, include almost EVERY detail. Turn each book into a 16 episode season of 1 hour long shows. Develop Harry's life at Privet Drive, develop the Dursleys, develop EVERY nook and cranny of Hogwarts.

I think, if done correctly, it could be the best TV series ever made. Their is so much there to work with, and the books are detailed enough to run an entire season a piece IMO.

forgot to add the "Wool" omnibus...future where humans live in underground silos, always thought it would make an amazing mini-series, or even a movie

I'd LOVE to see the "Adversary Cycle" get some love...written by F. Paul Wilson it's a series of books about the battle between good and evil. The thing that sets it apart is the excellent characters and how they all play a role when they are brought together in the finale. It was a lot of fun...the first book, The Keep, was actually made into a movie in the early 80's....it was poorly done though and I'd really enjoy seeing it get the modern treatment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adversary_Cycle

Back