What Barao vs TJ proves is that we can NEVER truly know how 2 fighters match up until

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
they fight. Everyone knew there was a chance Barao could lose by a flash KO or something sure, but let's be honest - how many of us thought that TJ would actually have a higher chance of winning the fight between them, as his performance showed? Almost everybody believed that Barao was better everywhere, what this should show us is that those who predict MMA fights from a position of arrogance thinking they KNOW how 2 fighters match up before the fact are doing so from an inherently wrong standpoint and we should be less willing to let a mismatch 'on paper' dampen our anticipation for a matchup.

Always believe in the chances of an underdog, not just the possibility to a flash KO/sub, but that they can rise BEYOND what we know of them. :icon_chee

Huge favourites win 90 per cent of the time. This was an outlier.

Huge favourites win 90 per cent of the time. This was an outlier.

What I'm mainly getting at is that people who whine and bitch about a solid fighter getting a shot at a dominant champion simply because they don't match up well enough 'on paper' are stupid, and in the wrong.

What I'm mainly getting at is that people who whine and bitch about a solid fighter getting a shot at a dominant champion simply because they don't match up well enough 'on paper' are stupid, and in the wrong.

i think in this instance people could be forgiven for complaining, dillashaw was coming off a one fight win streak (and that win against someone coming off 2 losses) so no paper it was not the most worthy title contender... but yes.. anyone can win a fight and we should just relax about who 'deserves' what and enjoy each match-up for what it is

Huge favorites usually win.

As someone above said, this is an outlier. The fighters who match up better "on paper" usually have a higher chance of winning.

This thread is dumb.

As someone above said, this is an outlier. The fighters who match up better "on paper" usually have a higher chance of winning.

This thread is dumb.

Agreed.

TS, we already know.

This thread is dumb.

Brave of you to out yourself as one of those whiners. :icon_twis

TS, we already know.

The whiners who bitched about Glover fighting Jones, or TJ fighting Barao, or Davis fighting Rousey, don't.

Spoiled MMA fans are the only sports fans who think champions should only ever fight 1 or 2 people.

That's the truth man. I love it when people get caught up in the "No chance" bullshit and get their mouths slack opened in disbelief.

It's funny how all of a sudden everyone is a Dillashaw fan now lol. Fickle motherfckers.

Don't be butthurt because I just trashed your pointless thread. I was indifferent to the outcome of Saturday night.

That doesn't make you a non-whiner, in fact your 'trashing' the thread is evidence in itself of your whininess.

Unless its Hendo and Cormier. I knew exactly how that was going to go down.

Back