what arts does Carlos Newton do

abhi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I take it he does BJJ and Japanese JJ, anything else

MMA is a style now is it? Jackass.

To my knowledge he does some striking training (boxing and kickboxing) before fights but doesn't train regularly in these styles. Right now I don't think he's training at all because he is finishing off his degree.

DragonballZ-Jiujitsu, he learned everything he knows from the cartoon.

Carlos trains in Drgonball Jiu Jitsu. It is tought by our trainer Terry Riggs and is a very effictive alternative to Brazillian Jiu Jitsu but has many of the same principles. He does train some kickboxing but he prefers grappling.

www.warriormac.com

I call it canadian ju jitsu
People think BJJ is the only evolution of judo and JJJ.
Carlos trained in many of these different offshoots.
Thing is, it's like bjj, but its different in many aspects. (how the strategy is, stuff like that).
Not sure on carlos for sure being this wey, but there is alot of places in canada like this, and very often they are affiliated with each other.
I do Shindo Ju jitsu. which i would say is one of these CJJ groups.

that looks like a nice facility i wish i trained there

That is a pretty nice looking training facility. Carlos Newton annoys me. I thik it is because of his hair.

Also another question, he doesn;t have a group, so does he come to a pride match without ANY corner people and stuff.

Does he train at a normal martial arts dojo and that is that

He likes to train in different gyms all the time. That's why they call him the "Ronin".

He was training with Moni Aizik, a Israeli war veteran and the co-founder of Krav Maga, for a while but I guess those days are over?

abhi said:
Also another question, he doesn;t have a group, so does he come to a pride match without ANY corner people and stuff.

Does he train at a normal martial arts dojo and that is that

Terry Riggs went to Japan with him, but I do not recall anyone else, not from WarriorMAC anways.

Is he more comfortable at 77 KG or 85 KG ?

He came by John Machado's place one time. He is a very nice guy. Was fun to watch him roll with John and the purples. He is a good grappler -- very very fit.

Moni Aizik 8th degree black belt in Judo and Jiu-jitsu and the founder of Krav Maga located in cananda. He trained Judo and Jujitsu under him. the guy is hardcore he is close to 60 and he is a maniac his condiioning is sick. check out the site

combatsurvival.com

Carlos is a cool guy. He just really needs a break right now.

yeah he looks pretty bad!
pic8.jpg

Back