What are your thoughts on Paulie fighting Artem in Bare Knuckle

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I dont follow boxing much. What does the boxing crowd think of this move? Do they care and will they tune in? He's obviously a better boxer than Artem but do you think paulie's skills will transfer to BK? It's not a lot like boxing at all. Much more chaotic. Who knows. Is paulie supposed to starch him here? I feel like artem has a chance early

Last edited:
I dont follow boxing much. What does the boxing crowd think of this move? Do they care and will they tune in? He's obviously a better boxer than Artem but do you think paulie's skills will transfer to BK? It's not a lot like boxing at all. Much more chaotic. Who knows. Is paulie supposed to starch him here? I feel like artem has a chance early
Id watch, sounds like fun. Paulie's main skill has been to punch standing while avoiding as much punishment as possible. BK fighting is no different, just no gloves and more damage. Paulie is a live dog here, anyone that's NOT a boxer doesnt stand much of a chance.

Tough to say what Paulie has left but if he's 75% then he's 100% better than Artem.

Liam Smith very easily beat the piss out of Sam Eggington the other day, and Sam Eggington stopped Malignaggi when we last saw him fight a couple years ago. So Malignaggi was several steps below world quality and then has only gotten older and fatter in the meantime.

But Lobov can't box, so Malignaggi should win.

This stuff is more interesting to me than the mcgregor/mayweather circus.

If they can keep adding former ufc/retired former champion boxers then itll be worth some entertainment value.

@Minowafanatic paulie hasnt been decent in a long time so itll be interesting to see what will happen. Kind of a shame because he is 100 times better than most boxing commentators out there and should have stuck to those gigs

artem-lobov-jason-knight.png

Paulie has just re-assessed. <45>

Liam Smith very easily beat the piss out of Sam Eggington the other day, and Sam Eggington stopped Malignaggi when we last saw him fight a couple years ago. So Malignaggi was several steps below world quality and then has only gotten older and fatter in the meantime.

But Lobov can't box, so Malignaggi should win.
Liam Smith would stop either of those guys.

artem-lobov-jason-knight.png

Paulie has just re-assessed. <45>
lol
After watching those guys stumble around each other, he's probably signing contracts without reading them.

No kidding, I saw better technique in Toughman back in the day.

I don't think anyone is really excited about it. At least not yet.

I like the BKFC and they usually have a couple good fights a card.
Lobo. Look lik shit but Pauline is so old, out of shape and far from what he was when he competed that I have a hard time confidently picking him. If he gets his feet and legs back under him this should be a piece of cake.

lol
After watching those guys stumble around each other, he's probably signing contracts without reading them.

Maybe, but This isn’t about technique.
It’s about fist fighting and watching 2 guys see who is the baddest man.
In particular this fight.

It’s not an easy thing to take and give like that.
You’re not going to see a fight like that very often.

This isn’t boxing. Which is my favorite sport by far.
But I certainly can appreciate fights like this and these shows have been pretty entertaining.
And the entire purpose is for entertainment.

Someone needs to put ibeabuchi and this org in contact with each other. In my opinion

It’s not an easy thing to take and give like that.
You’re not going to see a fight like that very often.

This isn’t boxing. Which is my favorite sport by far.
But I certainly can appreciate fights like this and these shows have been pretty entertaining.
And the entire purpose is for entertainment.

Someone needs to put ibeabuchi and this org in contact with each other. In my opinion
Surely fighting in a circular ring is going to be different too. Lobov is going to pressure Paulie for sure and throw wild haymakers and I think paulie is gonna get rocked if anything lands. Lobov has no reach though.. that's his downfall. Paulie might just jab him to death.

Surely fighting in a circular ring is going to be different too. Lobov is going to pressure Paulie for sure and throw wild haymakers and I think paulie is gonna get rocked if anything lands. Lobov has no reach though.. that's his downfall. Paulie might just jab him to death.

A circle is better for the outfighter. You then don't have pesky corners to get trapped in.

The size of their circle is the thing that hurts Malignaggi as the outfighter. But it shouldn't matter anyway, Lobov sucks and just goes in straight lines. Malignaggi only has to move around for 5x2min, not really long enough for cardio to be a factor. Jason Knight has a terrible chin and survived through trading with Lobov near constantly for the duration.

Once you get a skilled guy in there with an unskilled guy, then it's allll about technique. What you're saying is akin to just promotional hype.

lol

i thought the same, can you imagine someone like mayweather doing bare knuckle? just counter punching away and slicing his opponents face to pieces while taking minimal or not damage

If Paulie had been active of late I'd be running to a bookie to take advantage of guys who thought McGregor whooped him in sparring.
I'd kinda like to see if he still has his legs. This is just a case of how much Paulie has left more so than if McGregor's flunkie was ever on his level.

Bare Knuckles should be paying Paulie more. He has hyped it up & he has not even fought yet

why would anyone pay to watch this. there were points where artem and the other guy were standing toe to toe just winging hooks like they had mental deficiencies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back