What are your thoughts on Khamzat's cardio tonight?

snaportap21

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
After hearing about his alleged hand injury, i believe his inactivity was due to the injury not bad cardio. his takedown in the 3rd was a great display of chain wrestling and was very fast. Khamzat didn't seem to be breathing too heavily at the end of the fight either. After rewatching the fight with his injury in mind, khamzat's performance was pretty decent. what say y'all?

Cardio is ok but he doesn't pace himself well. Like a lot of wrestlers he would benefit greatly from studying finishes on the end of that chain. RNC mastery, both defense and offence, will get you many a win. Cardio is also affected by moving between weight classes. Choose one and stay there.

Cardio is ok but he doesn't pace himself well. Like a lot of wrestlers he would benefit greatly from studying finishes on the end of that chain. RNC mastery, both defense and offence, will get you many a win. Cardio is also affected by moving between weight classes. Choose one and stay there.
Khamzat actually came really close to a rnc he just got slammed on his face, but yea, i agree his cardio is just okay. not awful, but just okay.

It's not McG horrible, but he does front load his performances.

He won't be able to do that and get away with it forever. Usman was piecing him up in the 3rd, and had him backing up. Had that have been a 5 rounder, against a full camp Kamaru, he may have been in trouble.

It's not McG horrible, but he does front load his performances.

He won't be able to do that and get away with it forever. Usman was piecing him up in the 3rd, and had him backing up. Had that have been a 5 rounder, against a full camp Kamaru, he may have been in trouble.
i feel you, but with a broken hand i can see how khamzat could be at a disadvantage on the feet. the right hand is his greatest weapon. the takedown he shot in the 3rd still had a ton of spring, and so did his takedown in the second. if it was a full camp usman, the fight would for sure go differently but then again if khamzat had both hands, maybe he does a little bit better.

After hearing about his alleged hand injury, i believe his inactivity was due to the injury not bad cardio. his takedown in the 3rd was a great display of chain wrestling and was very fast. Khamzat didn't seem to be breathing too heavily at the end of the fight either. After rewatching the fight with his injury in mind, khamzat's performance was pretty decent. what say y'all?
I think people are misreading this. Khamzat flattened Usman in round1 and got a 10-8. then cruised the rest as Usman was not doing shit. Weird fight.

I think people are misreading this. Khamzat flattened Usman in round1 and got a 10-8. then cruised the rest as Usman was not doing shit. Weird fight.
Weird fight for sure the injury and short notice nature of the bout make it hard to draw any conclusions from it.

Back