What are your pet peeves when watching ufc cards

My biggest pet peeve is watching a fighter do something boneheaded to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. “Hey, I’ve been piecing up this jiu jitsu ace on the feet for the whole fight, I ought to go for a take down to seal the final round!” Even better is when their corner tells them to do something that stupid.

Referring to fights that have nowhere near the status of the main event as "co-main events".

UFC 100 had co-main events. Most cards do not.

Joe Rogan saying "xyz" fighter is the best EVER at "xyz" thing.

Pretty much 70-80% of what Joe Rogan says in those puff pieces before a fight.

Running 10 minute promos that we've already seen of a fight we are about to see.

Cutting out entrances and corner advice for commercials on what I believe to be fox cards. I obviously get that these tv channels make money through advertising but comparing the amount of commercials they have on American television is just insane. Regarding the entrances, I also hate how generic they are. Put in some effort, make it a show, it's an entertainment product and a great entrance is ideal to get both fighters and crowd going for the fight. Also regarding entrances: fighters with boring, unfitting entrance music. Totally kills the spirit.

Incompetent interpreters. Speaking one or the other language they translate when interviewing fighters myself, I can't believe how downright shitty some of those interpreters are. For example that guy last fight night in Moscow. Yeah he wasn't completely off despite seeming like he was either too bored to care or just stoned out of his mind, but some of his translations were simply bad and he left out quite a lot. Could've found hundreds and hundreds of people in Moscow who would've gladly taken that spot and done a much better job.

Reebok. Hate it. All those shirts and trunks have become so awfully boring as it's bound to happen when they're standardized. Usually realize how that bugs me when someone who used to have cool attires comes out like GSP with his Gi or Korean Zombie with his bad ass trunks. Or Anderson Silva who had a big fat Burger King logo on his which was both funny and iconic.

Referees that allow too much stalling and are very generous towards lay-and-pray fighters or very hesitant fights where there is nothing but circling for 3 minutes of a round.

Embarrassing post fight promos. Stuff ranging from everything between Nick Diaz passive-aggressively crying about losing again (which given the emotions in such a situation is actually kinda understandable, still looks stupid though) to the very pathetic incidents like Colby Covington in Brazil.

Another kind of post fight promos I dislike are those where fighters start off with thanking God, Allah or Jesus as if it was them who just beat up the other guy. Not because I have an issue with their faith or what they believe to be the cause of their victory, it's their business and if they basically want to take away some of their own credit from the win that's absolutely not my issue, I just think it's kinda disrespectful towards the losing fighter and I personally just don't like people always shouting around their faith or lack thereoff. Luckily we don't have any fighters thanking evolution or the inexistence of a deity or something like that for their wins yet.

And yeah, obviously terrible scoring from the judges. But that should be obvious, just like terrible handling of obvious fouls or faking incidents (the Poirier vs Alvarez that was declared a no contest comes to mind).

Must be muted or in a foreign language in some cases works as well.
<5>

My biggest pet peeve is watching a fighter do something boneheaded to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. “Hey, I’ve been piecing up this jiu jitsu ace on the feet for the whole fight, I ought to go for a take down to seal the final round!” Even better is when their corner tells them to do something that stupid.

My opponent has a seriously messed up leg and is hobbling around on one foot. I could continue to attack him standing or just back away and let the ref end the fight... NAH! Let's shoot for the takedown and let the fight continue.

My opponent has a seriously messed up leg and is hobbling around on one foot. I could continue to attack him standing or just back away and let the ref end the fight... NAH! Let's shoot for the takedown and let the fight continue.

Yeah, that’s one of the ones I had in mind.

Prelims.

Undercard is fine. Prelims with guys fighting for the sake of fighting that aren't ranked and never will be, I just don't have the patience for that.

Sure there can be some good fights but I equate it to watch jobber vs. jobber in pro wrestling.

The ring girls not having any ass. The 80s are over. Get ring girls with bubble butts.

Shows are 6- hours long. Can't remember the last time I watched a show from start to finish.

Ok ill say it,

I have no earthly idea what the fuck you guys are babbling about when people say wooooo. Are we talking when tj does it? Or when people say, "lets go baby, woooo!" I have to really think about these to remember and will maybe now notice.

Go to a UFC event live and experience it for yourself. I actually love it. It shows enthusiasm from the crowd. Lol

1. WMMA
2. Too many male weight classes, or at least better weight distribution.
- At 8 male weight classes my preference would be:
130 - Bantamweight
145 - Featherweight
160 - Lightweight
175 - Welterweight
190 - Middleweight
210 - Light Heavyweight
230 - Cruiser weight
UNL - Heavyweight

I'd probably go with the following for the men:

130 - Bantamweight
145 - Featherweight
160 - Lightweight
175 - Welterweight
190 - Middleweight
205 - Light Heavyweight
220 - Cruiserweight
265 - Heavyweight

Definitely think 125 and 135 need to be combined to 130 though. Would make for a much more interesting, deep division for the smaller guys.

Believe it or not it’s fucking hard to watch a damn ufc card ... I swear on Comcast the ppv is like delayed by 5-10 mins . I remember being on here when Conor and Aldo fought and it was already threads saying Conor slept him . And that ps4 live viewer sucks don’t ever use that

Yeah I tend to find my "PPVs" by other means if you catch my drift. It's hard to be okay with paying 60 bucks for three good fight if you're lucky. The only time I drop that is if the card is stacked from top to bottom which I haven't seen in a long ass time.
Would love to find the other ‘ppvs’ but that also means I have to stay up till 5am to see the main events

Back