What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. Mediocre, laughable storytelling, bland action and overall uninspired game. Poor man's Uncharted. I don't have anything else to play so I will try to finish the game.

Is it just me or does the city in Arkham Knight seems kind of empty (in comparison to Arkham City anyway)?

I'm actually replaying this right now. I would say no. It's fairly busy. The difference to me is, in the original games the mobs were more concentrated. They were dispersed like combat zones. You could bounce around and get into fights more easily. In this game, the map is loaded with enemies...who run away when you approach them. The world feels a little empty, because all of the enemies scatter in your presence, and you're left taking on two or three stragglers that you manage to get a hold of. I don't know why they did that. It's annoying running into a street filled with enemies, only to have 75% of them run away.

They tried a lot of different things in AK, most of which were for the worse. It's one game where I wish they just played it safe, and gave us more of the same.

Just bought The Witcher 3 plus expansions for $20 on Steam, first time ever playing it.

I've beat Bloodborne 4 times and didn't know this.
Yeah, I was als confused? There's music? I also remember always taking shortcuts so maybe I dunno.

Reminds me of Ocarina of Time
tenor.gif

Just hit that Cloudburst tank boss in "Arkham Knight". Now I remember what soured me on this game in the first place. One of the worst gameplay/boss designs in any game. What moron over at Rocksteady thought that shit was even remotely fun?

Finished Mafia 3. It was ok. Gunning down rival mobsters was fun since they always felt meaty and their reactions to that shit were pretty satisfying. But it's very repetitive and the driving isn't fun enough to make it bearable. There wasn't much to the story, which I guess is a good thing because it could've easily gone overboard with the woke. The CIA guy was awesome. After the game got tired after about 8 hours he kept me going. One thing that bothered was the soundtrack was too good. Like it was non-stop classics over and over and it came off as smug.

I guess next I'll play Victor Vran or Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana

I liked Victor Vran a lot. I put like 30 hours into it a couple years ago. I recently saw that they added local co-op so it's going to become my go to for playing with people at home.

I'm currently playing Dauntless and Conan Exiles. I'm trying to get into Apex in preparation for when it goes cross-platform (close friends play on PS4 and want me to play) but I just don't really like shooters, mostly because I haven't played them much and subsequently am bad.

Last edited:
Going to download Borderlands GOTY edition tonight. Started playing it over at @Eazy123's place when I was back in Chicago this weekend.

Just finished the new Zelda. Highly disappointing. Super overrated.

Will probably play again

Just finished the new Zelda. Highly disappointing. Super overrated.

Will probably play again
You were complaining at how much it sucks, a couple of weeks ago and still completed it? Even if you missed nearly everything, itd take 40-50 hours to complete.

But you still completed it....and still complain. If I hate a game, I put it down, and never look at it again, but you want to play it again? Man masochists....<Dany07>

You were complaining at how much it sucks, a couple of weeks ago and still completed it? Even if you missed nearly everything, itd take 40-50 hours to complete.

But you still completed it....and still complain. If I hate a game, I put it down, and never look at it again, but you want to play it again? Man masochists....<Dany07>

Disappointed with isn’t the same as hated!! And I’m a sucker for Zelda games. I got into super smash bros just because they had link in it.

Tbh I beat it a couple weeks ago but finished a bunch of side shit with the star beside the save file more recently. Makes matters worse, I know I know

Disappointed with isn’t the same as hated!! And I’m a sucker for Zelda games. I got into super smash bros just because they had link in it.

Tbh I beat it a couple weeks ago but finished a bunch of side shit with the star beside the save file more recently. Makes matters worse, I know I know
I can see why a hardcore zelda fan might not like it, but its one of my favourite games ever. Currently even residing at 1. Im probably gonna wait for the DLC sale and do Master mode, havent really done every shrine etc. I love that you can just stop whenever you want, the game is finished when you want to finish. Loved the ending boss too tbh.

I can see why a hardcore zelda fan might not like it, but its one of my favourite games ever. Currently even residing at 1. Im probably gonna wait for the DLC sale and do Master mode, havent really done every shrine etc. I love that you can just stop whenever you want, the game is finished when you want to finish. Loved the ending boss too tbh.
I thought the final boss was too easy. The big guys all over the world who shoot lasers at you were harder imo.

I thought the final boss was too easy. The big guys all over the world who shoot lasers at you were harder imo.
There is a bit where you need to deflect his laser shots, I didnt know, I kept dodging and hitting, wasted a long time doing that lol.

I loved the boss aesthetically, especially the last phase, real easy but super nice to look at.

Have you tried fighting him without taking down the guardians? He's hard as fuck, cause he's got 10 stages or someshit.

There is a bit where you need to deflect his laser shots, I didnt know, I kept dodging and hitting, wasted a long time doing that lol.

I loved the boss aesthetically, especially the last phase, real easy but super nice to look at.

Have you tried fighting him without taking down the guardians? He's hard as fuck, cause he's got 10 stages or someshit.
I hadn't taken down all of the guardians. I didn't play the whole game. I played at my buddy's place for like two hours and he fast forwarded me to the final boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back