What Are You Listening To? (Vol.52)

Another one from my favourite music parody channel

king-of-the-hill

I've never really dug into Deep Purple's catalogue before, but I'm thouroughly enjoying it.

Man, you're in for a treat, you're gonna get your mind exploded by some of the things you hear. I'll throw out a couple interesting ones.

Ian Paice is a beast on the drums

They also rocked out and shredded with a symphony orchestra

For all the hype and time it took to release it I can't say I'm impressed with the record. It's not even better then Time 1 and not to even mention debut record. Don't know, maybe I will have to listen it few more times for everything to sit in it's place.

For all the hype and time it took to release it I can't say I'm impressed with the record. It's not even better then Time 1 and not to even mention debut record. Don't know, maybe I will have to listen it few more times for everything to sit in it's place.
Yeah, I’ve given it about 3 full listens, and you are correct. It’s a bit meh. Though the amount of time it took between all of the albums didn’t really bother me. Plenty out there to listen to. Still doesn’t top their debut. Bit too overdramatic like Time 1, with nothing that can compete with Beautiful Death

Much love for Deep Purple, saw them a few times. One time when I was living in Florida in '74. Their opener was Elf, the old Ronnie Dio band.

Great show, very loud.

Back