What are these smaller obese heavyweights thinking?

Shorter muscular stout guys are often stronger and more powerful than tall lanky guys and can beat their ass. And this has been proven countless times in combat sports.
usually the best fighters are guys with good reaches compared to their weight/height...there's at least as many lanky guys who beat stocky guys as vice versa.

Barnett is fun and really skilled for his size. I'm not sure why he never got it together and lost weight but he has been around for a long time and made a decent life of it so good for him.

Surely they understand that if they somehow keep winning fights, that eventually they will have to face monstrous giant dudes who are legit natural heavyweights. I do not believe that they think they can defeat Francis Ngannou. But that is who they have to beat to become champion! Like how? Are they just doing it for a paycheck?

They enjoy fighting.

This may surprise Sherbros but most people who make fighting a career do so because they enjoy it

Soft drinks and easy women
sfsyhaaz8345b_600.jpg

Easy money being a fringe contender in an empty division. The smaller fat guys can often compensate with speed and skill.

A Barnett-bashing thread like this is shameful.

That dude has a ton of grit and heart, and he's sneakily athletic and agile as fuck. How many people in here could do the splits like that? Do aerials, and hook kicks, and bust dance moves like that?

Plus exude that kind of positivity after going through what he has?

Guy is a legend in my eyes, have some respect.

This.

Barnett is having fun. He's not supposed to be a threat to the top ten in UFC. He came in on like 4 days notice to fight Rothwell, and he wasn't even the first pick to fight Rothwell on short notice. Two others got the call, both backed out due to visa issues I believe.

He's got a great record. He used to fight at Super HW. He's having loads of fun in the UFC. His wife has just passed. he's a really nice person behind the scenes, as well. Give this dude some credit.

I think the guy is awesome, huge fan.

They make money, bang some chicks, in bad night got knocked ins seconds with one puch and go home with a pay check... I belive they are ok with this...

At my prime I fought at 6 foot and 220 as a kickboxing/boxing heavyweight.

I gave up height and weight in almost all my fights.

The pro was I had better speed, cardio and body work on most guys I fought but I gave up height, power and reach in almost all fights.

If aI had dropped weight I would have lost the speed, cardio and bodywork but my power would have picked up.

I was that kind of body that is too small for the big boys but too big for the small boys.

I feel bad for the Pat Berry's and Matt Serra's of the world.

Too thick for light weight too short for heavy weights.

This might be hard for you to believe because you think everyone wants the belt. Not everyone does my friend.

Surely they understand that if they somehow keep winning fights, that eventually they will have to face monstrous giant dudes who are legit natural heavyweights. I do not believe that they think they can defeat Francis Ngannou. But that is who they have to beat to become champion! Like how? Are they just doing it for a paycheck?
It's not even HW, phil dawes or whatever put a hurting on deron Winn, broken orbital surgery and life changing damage at MW

You’re complaining about that fight? There’s about 2 monster hw today.

Back