• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what are the Top 5 HBO tv series in your opinion?

Band of Brothers is top for me by far!

Then True Detective season 1
Game of Thrones
Westworld
Spawn animated series.

title says it all. looking for your 5 best TV series on HBO

curb you enthusiasm
game of thrones
sopranos
tales from the crypt
mr show with bob and david

The Hitchhiker
Tales From The Crypt
Dream On
Spawn
Real Sex

ha, I was going to put The Hitchhiker but didn't have room. Man, it was a bitch getting those on DVD. I think some of the sets I got go for over like $200 now.

Oz is number one, and none other comes close. Every other spot is up for grabs. It was ground breaking for the way it touched on prison life. How it tackled racial issues, and homo sexuality was first of its kind.

I also think its ground breaking in that it is the show that set the blue print for all other epic hbo series and it set the bar high. Not just hbo but then everyone had to step up their tv game once they saw what hbo was going to be doing to them. If you like what hbo amc and netflix orig series have become you owe oz a debt of gratitude

but its such an icky show to watch

No order

Rome
Curb
Tales from the crypt
The wire
Band of brothers

Oz is number one, and none other comes close. Every other spot is up for grabs. It was ground breaking for the way it touched on prison life. How it tackled racial issues, and homo sexuality was first of its kind.
No way. There is only so much backstabbing and buttfucking a straight man can take.

the first season of true detective is amazing.

and of course, GoT.

im watching westworld right now. very good and worth watching. not in the same league as the two above, imo.

title says it all. looking for your 5 best TV series on HBO

Not sure ive seen 5. Game of thrones ans sopranos are two of my favorite shows ever though. Westworld was good but i lost interest and havent finished season 2 yet.
True detective season one is top 3 ever for me too.

I'm beyond excited about sharp objects though.

Last edited:
The Sopranos.

Nothing else could compare so it is irrelevant to list any other show

The Larry Sanders Show
The Sopranos
Curb
Veep
Band of Brothers

Band of Brothers needs more love!

I'm watching band of brothers now and it is well done but i personally don't love it. I'm on episode 7 or 8 and most the characters i just don't care about that much which takes the sting away when something bad happens. Incredible story though and the actual people i feel for, the show itself just hasn't really gripped me.

Since many are mentioning Deadwood, I thought I should mention that they're doing the movie. Olyphant vaguely mentioned it on Conan and that blonde lady confirmed it on Talking Dead right before Chris Hardwick molested her.

The Wire
Sopranos
Deadwood
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire

No love for the Spawn series?

It was great, but I wouldn't be surprised if many haven't seen it. It came out before HBO shows were easy to check out for everyone, through torrents, digital TV, etc, and I think it's kind of been forgotten about. The only way I saw it, was through buying it on VHS.

Still rainiing.....

Is Westworld something that grabs you or is it one of those series you have to be patient with?

You are now my favourite poster.

Back