What are the best Protein bars...

Beach Head

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
and when is it best to eat them? Pre or Post workout?

Not a huge fan of the protein bars. Your protein shake is superior. I don't see any reason to eat protein bars.

Madmick said:
Not a huge fan of the protein bars. Your protein shake is superior. I don't see any reason to eat protein bars.

20 mile road marches. Marathons. Other things that require long intense training with little to no down time. As far as the best... I don't really know. I eat Power Bar Carb Select bars but I doubt they're the best nutritionally.

protein shakes are better nutritionally, but people still eat protein bars because theyre easy to carry and eat when you dont have time to make a shake. also look around for homemade protein bar recipes, you can lower the sugar and add in better nutrients - and flavor it the way you want plus its much cheaper.

I only eat them when I'm on the go and need something to fill me up real quick. Other than that I never eat them anymore after I found out how unhealthy they are.

djmarkiss said:
I only eat them when I'm on the go and need something to fill me up real quick. Other than that I never eat them anymore after I found out how unhealthy they are.
same here

Very unhealthy.
However, If you must, Labrada has some new Rock-n-Roll Bars that I believe are superior to all in taste and value.

I tried the Detour bars. I think they taste pretty good, they're pretty low in sugar, and the have 15 grams of whey protein.

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
protein bars are packed with sugar
not to mention most protein bars have SOY protein..

i ate em back in the day.. not i've stopped for a few yrs now.. it also gave me major gas... fun gas! wee! :D

i like metrx protein plus, big 100, and the mesotech bars.

why exactly are they so bad for you? i eat about 3 a week.

farmboy said:
I tried the Detour bars. I think they taste pretty good, they're pretty low in sugar, and the have 15 grams of whey protein.

I tried them today. They do taste pretty good and only cost $1.07 each at Target.

i dont like detour, the guy at gnc was lk, "they taste just like snickers, i eat them all the time" they taste like crap. i got the 30g bars. just taste wise, mesotech cookies n creme is my fav.

Chad Hamilton said:
Very unhealthy.
However, If you must, Labrada has some new Rock-n-Roll Bars that I believe are superior to all in taste and value.

These bars are my favorite.

Back