What are the best foods with Carbs in them?

Ok what are some foods with Carbs in them. Food that I can eat before training.

Boiled Spaghetti strands, Cream of Wheat, Oatmeal (cream of wheat is alot better, imo), brown rice (spaghetti strands are MUCH better). Those are basically your necessary training carbs.

FiendishOne said:
Boiled Spaghetti strands, Cream of Wheat, Oatmeal (cream of wheat is alot better, imo), brown rice (spaghetti strands are MUCH better). Those are basically your necessary training carbs.

Why are sphaghetti strands better than brown rice?

I just always loves boiled pasta (whole wheat is the best I suppose) for carbs. Brown rice is awesome, but spaghetti is the best.

whole wheat, low gi, glucerna, oat meal, cream of wheat, brown rice, wheat noodles,

Beach Head said:
Ok what are some foods with Carbs in them. Food that I can eat before training.
Pasta Pasta and even more Pasta. Oatmeal has great carbs in it too

FiendishOne said:
I just always loves boiled pasta (whole wheat is the best I suppose) for carbs. Brown rice is awesome, but spaghetti is the best.

Once again, why?

wenispinkle said:
why isnt anyone saying fruit

Because I think everyone is assuming he's talking about grains and such.

Fruits are incredible for carbs, and vegetables too. You don't net a lot of carbs with either.

Here is a quickie refrence

Cereals
Bananas
Pears
Whole Grain Breads
Legumes
Nuts
Potatoes

Low GI = 55 or less
Medium GI = 56 - 69
High GI = 70 or more

All of these will fall in the medium to low GI index wich is Great for SUSTAINED energy not the gay spike and crash shit. I suggest looking up the GI index or finding a book to refrence from to give yourself more options than the short list i just posted.

The Fighter's Body: An Owner's Manual : Your Guide to Diet, Nutrition, Exercise and Excellence in the Martial Arts
By Loren W. Christensen, Wim Demeere

Is a great book to pick up and read as it gives tons of helpful, CORRECT information on nutrition adn eating for the martial artist out there. and it has a gi index in it as well as anything you would want to know.

sylva said:
Here is a quickie refrence

Cereals
Bananas
Pears
Whole Grain Breads
Legumes
Nuts
Potatoes

Low GI = 55 or less
Medium GI = 56 - 69
High GI = 70 or more

All of these will fall in the medium to low GI index wich is Great for SUSTAINED energy not the gay spike and crash shit. I suggest looking up the GI index or finding a book to refrence from to give yourself more options than the short list i just posted.

The Fighter's Body: An Owner's Manual : Your Guide to Diet, Nutrition, Exercise and Excellence in the Martial Arts
By Loren W. Christensen, Wim Demeere

Is a great book to pick up and read as it gives tons of helpful, CORRECT information on nutrition adn eating for the martial artist out there. and it has a gi index in it as well as anything you would want to know.

The first reference to GI in here. Not all carbs are the same. Which carbs are best depends on your goals for that meal.

But spiking is useful, Sylva, for increasing the absorption of nutrients and protein, although it must be done intelligently, and at the right time (immediately post-workout and in a meal a few hours later).

Back