What Are the 3 Worst Weight Divisions and How Would You Improve Them in 2017?

Womens SW/BW/FW

I'd improve them by kicking them out until they show more talent

Flyweight - Eliminate
Women's Featherweight - don't start

Matchmaking is HW imo. Joe Silva is really bad at it but Mick Maynard is taking over this year. So we'll what happens. There's plenty of good fights to make. They favor Cain a lot and have worked around his injuries for years and years. So we'll see if that continues. Cain has determined a lot of the top matches for a few years now.

LHW is the worst as far as future talent. There's really nothing to do. Rumble has beaten most of them. Jones would kill them all. They'll just have to scout more than ever because they just don't have the talent right now.

HW is not improving its declining and it will be tough to improve it, perhaps remove 265 as the upper limit and let some real giants

The rest are getting better slowly or are currently awesome and I wouldn't change them

125 is the worst. 115 would be next. I'd fix 125 by eliminating it.

HW, 205, 125.

Force all them little people back up to 135. It diluted 135 and 125 is weak. MM has a number of good fights available to him there.

Matchmaking is HW imo. Joe Silva is really bad at it but Mick Maynard is taking over this year. So we'll what happens. There's plenty of good fights to make. They favor Cain a lot and have worked around his injuries for years and years. So we'll see if that continues. Cain has determined a lot of the top matches for a few years now.

LHW is the worst as far as future talent. There's really nothing to do. Rumble has beaten most of them. Jones would kill them all. They'll just have to scout more than ever because they just don't have the talent right now.
Bang on. They are 2 very stale divisions. Especially when you compare 185 to 205. One is choc full of talent, the other a wasteland.

Women's bantom
Women's featherweight
Flyweight.

Flyweight is barren
Strawweight defines pillowfists
Heavyweight is nothing but two minute brawls with gassed grappling or rematches at this point

All women's divisions- move to all women cards so people don't have to watch if they don't want to. They do that in other sports.

Flyweight - either chsnge the name of the division into something more marketable/less emasculating or dissolve and combine with bantamweight.

Light heavyweight - what a wasteland right now. Absolutely no new prospects. I guess make a LHW TUF season and see what's out there? Entice some bigger Middleweights like Rockhold and Weidman to move up?

Honorable mention : heavyweight but prospects are a little better than LHW and honestly it could be made up entirely of three 50 year old guys and it will still see. It's HW after all.

LHW - I don't know what you can do about LHW...let prospects develop. This division is the top 5 >>>>> the rest

HW - Bring in some young Russians...something...anything

WBW - Add more fighters, absorb Invicta's division

HW and LHW need to be combined. FLW needs more talent. Female divisions should be moved to Invicta, except in the case of Championship fights.

LHW - Top guy is out til July, 2nd best guy is hurt like 99.9% of the time
FLW - Mighty Mouse cleaned it out
WFW - Legitimately less than ten fighters who'd probably fight in it, and the best one probably can't make the weight

LHW - I don't know what you can do about LHW...let prospects develop. This division is the top 5 >>>>> the rest

HW - Bring in some young Russians...something...anything

WBW - Add more fighters, absorb Invicta's division
Curious about what Russians are out there that could really benefit UFC and are realistic signings (so not Fedor).

Flyweight is barren
Heavyweight is nothing but two minute brawls with gassed grappling or rematches at this point
tenor.gif

Womens SW/BW/FW

I'd improve them by kicking them out until they show more talent

125 is the worst. 115 would be next. I'd fix 125 by eliminating it.

Flyweight is barren

All women's divisions- move to all women cards so people don't have to watch if they don't want to. They do that in other sports.

Flyweight - either chsnge the name of the division into something more marketable/less emasculating or dissolve and combine with bantamweight.

Light heavyweight - what a wasteland right now. Absolutely no new prospects. I guess make a LHW TUF season and see what's out there? Entice some bigger Middleweights like Rockhold and Weidman to move up?

Honorable mention : heavyweight but prospects are a little better than LHW and honestly it could be made up entirely of three 50 year old guys and it will still see. It's HW after all.

karofinger500_by_fincher7-dat8757.gif

tumblr_ofkyavnEdz1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Last edited:
For all divisions: Start scouting a lot more college and former Olympic wrestlers. There's a ton of talent out there.

Back