What are some good performances by GOAT level fighters

YoudBeSurprised

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Ive been watching MMA for only 3-4 years and i always hear people talk about how Fedor, bj penn, anderson,GSP etc. are the GOAT. What are some fights that proved their greatness?

8avvV.gif

since GSP is mentioned, i ll point out silva's and penn's

10UFC126SilvaVs_crop_340x234.jpg

117_Anderson_Silva_vs_Chael_Sonnen_gallery_post.jpeg

Penn:

joe-stevenson-bj-penn.jpg

20091214121628_IMG_6256.JPG

bj-penn-chokes-hughes.jpg

Ive been watching MMA for only 3-4 years and i always hear people talk about how Fedor, bj penn, anderson,GSP etc. are the GOAT. What are some fights that proved their greatness?

Fedor vs Randleman: Takes the Randleplex, keeps his composure and 30 seconds later has the tap. Not only a very skilled fighter but very mentally strong as well.
Fedors fight vs Fujita was kinda the same thing. Fedor takes a hail mary punch and goes on queer street, gains his composure and finishes Fuji with a beautiful kick/punch combo leading to the RNC.

Nog vs Sapp: Like a David and Goliath. Sap tries to crush Nog with his power and the skill of Nog prevails.

Anderson vs Forrest: The perfect fight vs a former LHW champ

GSP vs Hughes 3: No questions needed after this fight, the torch was officially passed.

Chuck and BJ are more of a body of work. Chuck was the unofficial LHW champ while being dodged by Tito. Chuck was offered to wait but would defend his number 1 status while waiting for his title shot. Years later finally winning it from Randy and punking Tito any chance he got while beating him both times they fought.

BJ was the best while the UFC title was in limbo. He defeated gomi (Considered the best at the time), moved to HW and fought Machida, defeated Hughes for the WW title and then later winning the LW title from Sherk.
BJ's first fight vs Pierre was good, his 2 fights vs Hughes were beatdowns. He smashed Joe daddy, Uno and Sanchez.
A lot of the Penn love is his willingness to take on anyone and his flexibility was insane which allowed his to pull of some crazy moves.

randleplex-o.gif

20 seconds later

23-Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Kevin-Randleman-.gif

then shortly after...

339h84h.gif

GOAT material right there. I sat there in shock. At that point, the MMA world was basically "this guy cannot be defeated"

I've never seen anything like it prior or since. Unbelievable.

Really all of gsp's victories from his loss to Matt Hughes onward. I believe that he consistently fought higher quality competition than any other fighter with a similar level of success.

BJ's opposition was also stellar throughout his career, more impressive imo, but BJ has a fair few more losses on his record.

I believe Fedor is GOAT based mostly on his performances against Nog, CC, randleman, sylvia, and arlovski. Watching him fight is just something special.

So many options!

Anderson/Forret and Chael 1
Fedor vs Sylvia/Andrei/Cro Cop
GSP vs pretty much anyone winning 36 rounds or so
Penn vs Hughes 1/3, the Sherk fight was great

There is only, and can be only, one GOAT.

FEDOR.

GSP vs Serra 2
GSP vs Penn 2
GSP vs Fitch
GSP vs Hughes 3

GSP vs Alves, GSP vs Kos 2 and GSP vs Hardy were a bit boring but still COMPLETE dominations. Also, GSP vs Condit minus 15 seconds.

I love this thread.
1st page always matters.
Nobody arguing, just GOAT.

Back