What are some good Jiu Jitsu mats to buy for home

mmafighterjd

White Belt
Reaction score
I have an empty garage and i wanted to know if there are any decent sized mats that aren't too pricey so I can practice wrestling and jiu jitsu at home

This is a tough one. I did alot of research in the past trying to find something cheap but good quality. If you want something really cheap, you may have so use some puzzle mats. If you want something with better quality, it gets alot more expensive. You can also check around with schools or local gyms to see if they have some used stuff they want to get rid of.

Working on graph some more. Will put back up later.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot I'll try to see if any mma places around me are throwing stuff away but yea I saw those puzzle mat but it looks like they aren't that great to get take down on but I think I might look for some of those gymnastic mats because I heard that they are pretty good for ground work and I'm hoping that I can get one or two decent sized mats for 300 or less if that's possible

Hey cuality if you don't mind you can tell me how to make some ghetto mats because if I got no other way to get them then I might have to make my own

This...

in conjunction with this...

you are good to go.

Also sometimes mmahq and bjjhq have the roll up mats on sale once in a blue moon.

Grappling Lite Mats 24 bucks a mat if ur in the states prob be worth it its way to much shipping for me they have other mats on there site just these are there grappling lite mats .

search dollamur mats on ebay

This ^^^^^
Start by buying the 4 x 6 mats (2 each per order) for $120 to $140 and buy a set every month until you have the size you want. If you wait they always go on sale 10% off. You can also sometimes get a good deal on some of the larger mats. I picked up a 5 x 21 a couple years ago for less than $500 after it was on ebay for a long time, they dropped the price. Add in the 4 x 6 mats I picked up over time and I have about 800 square feet of mats in my home gym (16 x 49 + 4' wider in the center area making it 20').

Edit: You can also get the gymnastic wall pads cheap too, they are carpet covered but you can turn them over and mount them with the closed cell foam out. I have 20' of my wall covered by them next to the cage panel corner (I build the cage panels and sell them so it was free).

This ^^^^^
Start by buying the 4 x 6 mats (2 each per order) for $120 to $140 and buy a set every month until you have the size you want. If you wait they always go on sale 10% off. You can also sometimes get a good deal on some of the larger mats. I picked up a 5 x 21 a couple years ago for less than $500 after it was on ebay for a long time, they dropped the price. Add in the 4 x 6 mats I picked up over time and I have about 800 square feet of mats in my home gym (16 x 49 + 4' wider in the center area making it 20').

Edit: You can also get the gymnastic wall pads cheap too, they are carpet covered but you can turn them over and mount them with the closed cell foam out. I have 20' of my wall covered by them next to the cage panel corner (I build the cage panels and sell them so it was free).
I bought mine from them too. The shipping was impressively fast. And they threw in a roll of mat tape for no charge. Cannot say enough good things about the Ebay dollamur store.

Yea i looked at the dollamur mats and there are probably the cheapest good quality mats that i have seen

I have an empty garage and i wanted to know if there are any decent sized mats that aren't too pricey so I can practice wrestling and jiu jitsu at home
I've had and tested out many, but the best mats for home use by far are the foldable Gracie Academy mats. I have a room at my apartment with a 15 x 10 setup, it's perfect for rollin, and the 2 inch thickness also makes them safe for throws and takedowns.

Back