What are Joseph Barajas' chances to beat Marlon Moraes?

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Joseph-Barajas-76876

Anyone know much about him? I see he's only had the 1 WSOF fight and i can't say i really remember it. But he's 12-1 with 4 KO/TKO (33%)3 SUBMISSIONS (25%)5 DECISIONS (42%)

Anyone think it will be a good fight? What are his strengths? How's his chin, etc?

This looks like a good ol' Coker Special.

Never heard of him if that helps. I imagine it does.

Yeah very little chance here. Kakai had his way with him from what I can remember

Barajas is an awkward fighter, constantly switching stances and looking to counter. Sirwan Kakai beat him, so Moraes can certainly beat him.

Not great and I think Moraes is already looking past him, talking about taking a bunch of fights at 145 or even 155 this year. He claims it's because he wants to stay busy, but a large part of it is probably him wanting to get through all the fights on his current contract in a timely manner.

Not great and I think Moraes is already looking past him, talking about taking a bunch of fights at 145 or even 155 this year. He claims it's because he wants to stay busy, but a large part of it is probably him wanting to get through all the fights on his current contract in a timely manner.
Well iirc after Barajas, Marlon only has one more fight in his WSOF contract.
But to answer the question, I'd give Barajas maybe a 5% chance to land a lucky shot or for Marlon to get injured. Otherwise (more likely), I'd say Moraes inside two rounds.

I think Thompson had a better chance beating Ubereem than Barajas does.

man, you guys got me so excited now. lol :(

Back