what a title run Lawler had including loss to Hendricks

Watermelonfresh

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
what a 180 this guy did with career, just improved and after a decade became a juggernaut. He seemed like he was a title holder for a very long time and I thought looked great in all his fights. I do think it's possible mileage may be finally catching him to him but what a great run Robbie had!

He had a fun and very enjoyable run. Not great in terms of a champion.

Wut? He hasn't convincingly won a fight since Matt Brown.

Yeah agree. So many great fights both as champ and challenger but I honesty worry for the guy - sounds sluggish with his speech these days

Was one of my favourite title runs regardless of how close his fights were.

I remember thinking Koscheck was gonna murder lawler too. He really improved for a second run with the ufc.

Was very entertaining

Feel sorry for condit though, he got robbed

what a 180 this guy did with career, just improved and after a decade became a juggernaut. He seemed like he was a title holder for a very long time and I thought looked great in all his fights. I do think it's possible mileage may be finally catching him to him but what a great run Robbie had!
If you watched any of his last few fights...you would have noticed how he was getting legitimately rocked by all those guys. He was just wild enough to avoid getting finished because of his countering and movement. Woodley was just too quick and made it stick. Yes he got found out. He just recovered well until last night.

he was like the guy on American Ninja Warrior who bumbles his way through the first 3 or 4 obstacles by the skin of his teeth. But then the big paddle suddenly tags him in the head and he faceplants in the water. fun while it lasted though

Robbie's run was regreshing after the absolute BORE that was the back half of GSPs title run.

A fight which he was very, very clearly losing.

Ahhh, the ol' "he was losing until he mercilessly beat the shit out of his opponent" argument. Love that one, a sherdog classic.

fight was close, right and Lawler did knock rory out right? also are you forgetting how excellent rory is?

Ahhh, the ol' "he was losing until he mercilessly beat the shit out of his opponent" argument. Love that one, a sherdog classic.

You both are entirely missing the point. He wasn't winning CONVINCINGLY.

He won, but it wasn't easy by any means.

You both are entirely missing the point. He wasn't winning CONVINCINGLY.

He won, but it wasn't easy by any means.

That doesnt even matter. I think your missing the point of the thread, its an appreciation for the wild ride that was his title reign, not a slurpfest for how many rounds he won.

That doesnt even matter. I think your missing the point of the thread, its an appreciation for the wild ride that was his title reign, not a slurpfest for how many rounds he won.

Literally nothing in the op is pointing towards that.

The op is making him out to be some unbeatable juggernaut, not some fighter who makes interesting fights by getting punched in the face for 5 rounds and pulling out bizarre split decisions.

GSP had an impressive title run. Lawler had the worst actual title run in recently history (ignoring the 0 defence runs of Rockhold etc.)

Back