What’s the funniest argument you’ve heard from a Khabib hater?

One guy on here said he would put Eddie Alvarez over Khabib as a better LW... because reasons.
NOT ANOTHER KHABIB THREAD PLEASE.. We all know you live and breath Russian fighters, but what kind of dumb thread is this? The man is retired.. But cause ur being paid for promoting Russians, I have some thread titles for you:

-Is Khabib the most real champion?
-Why do people hate on Khabib?
-What is Khabibs second best win?
-Is Khabib the GOAT?
-Could Khabib beat Floyd in boxing?
- Would Khabib be a diciple if he lived 2025 years ago?
-What is Khabib's best punch?

"He made homeless do push up for money, while recording and laughing at them"

452c8l.jpg

If Khabib never grappled, pressured people, used the fence, and only played into his opponents game plan he'd lose, therefore he is overrated.

At least 5 different people have said this dead ass seriously.

That's not false though.. He does have a lot of cans on his record.
Not really. Of those 16 about 6-8 were cans but the rest were solid fighters. In reality he has about as many lackluster fights as any other fighter

Not really. Of those 16 about 6-8 were cans but the rest were solid fighters. In reality he has about as many lackluster fights as any other fighter
But I think this is used in the GOAT context. Sure if we compare to the average fighter he isn't different than many other fighters. But If we compare to GSP or Jones, Khabib fought way more cans.

But I think this is used in the GOAT context. Sure if we compare to the average fighter he isn't different than many other fighters. But If we compare to GSP or Jones, Khabib fought way more cans.
Jon has about 8 cans on his record and regularly fought middleweights.

GSP has an amazing resume but even he has a good 4-6 cans on his record.

People exaggerate with his pre UFC record. In reality its about the same as any fighter with that many fights. If he had gotten a ufc contract early in his career like GSP or Jon then this wouldn't be a discussion. Opertunity matters just as much if not more than talent

That's not false though.. He does have a lot of cans on his record.
When it’s used to undermine how good he is it is a ridiculous statement. He started in Russia of course those guys aren’t famous in the states. Obviously the organization was high level enough to prepare khabib to dominate every one in the ufc with their Wikipedia credentials.

Last edited:
Something along the lines of “Khabib was so terrified to actually fight Conor he hugged his legs the whole time then took the easy way out by choking Conor”.

Or “Half of khabib’s opponents dont even have a Wikipedia page. Hes a can crusher”
This is a straight up fact though, he has a padded record and that can't really be argued. That takes nothing away from his dominance.

This is a straight up fact though, he has a padded record and that can't really be argued. That takes nothing away from his dominance.
I responded to this above your post.

Jon has about 8 cans on his record and regularly fought middleweights.

GSP has an amazing resume but even he has a good 4-6 cans on his record.

People exaggerate with his pre UFC record. In reality its about the same as any fighter with that many fights. If he had gotten a ufc contract early in his career like GSP or Jon then this wouldn't be a discussion. Opertunity matters just as much if not more than talent
Who are the 6 cans GSP fought and 8 cans Jones fought?

You just gonna call these guys cans when Khabib got 17 guys with no wikipedia and you claim only 6-8 are cans<45>

Khabib started fighting real competition in his 18th pro fight. GSP fought legit competition in his 6th pro fight lol.

Don't even try to claim Khabib doesn't have more cans than GSP or Jones on his record.

Khabib started fighting real competition in his 18th pro fight. GSP fought legit competition in his 6th pro fight lol.

Don't even try to claim Khabib doesn't have more cans than GSP or Jones on his record.
Khabib was a two time world combat SAMBO champion and the competition he faced in Russia wasn’t bad by any means, he wasn’t sheltered in any way. How is having an extensive career before the UFC a bad thing? GSP and Jon I believe debuted in the UFC at 21 years old, and Khabib 23... but the difference was GSP and Jon were fast tracked to titles when Khabib was injured for two years and had his division held up by Conor.

Khabib was a two time world combat SAMBO champion and the competition he faced in Russia wasn’t bad by any means, he wasn’t sheltered in any way. How is having an extensive career before the UFC a bad thing? GSP and Jon I believe debuted in the UFC at 21 years old, and Khabib 23... but the difference was GSP and Jon were fast tracked to titles when Khabib was injured for two years and had his division held up by Conor.
Clearly this guy is just a really insecure gsp fan. No one even mentioned gsp and this guy came in here rushing to defend him.

One guy on here said he would put Eddie Alvarez over Khabib as a better LW... because reasons.
Was that me? I remember I made a comment that Alvarez is the 2nd best lightweight behind Khabib, but I could picture an argument for him being greater (I would disagree, but I see the logic for it).

To answer the question, the dumbest argument I've heard from a Khabib hater is about the Tibau fight. I think it's fair to say that every great fighter has had at least one fight that proved to be a challenge for them; Fedor had close calls with Funaki and Randleman, Jones with Gustaffson and a couple others, Silva with Sonnen, and etc. At the time they fought, Tibau was a stylistic nightmare for Khabib in almost every way, but Khabib found a way to win. To use that as a reason to hate on him is ignorant at best.

Who are the 6 cans GSP fought and 8 cans Jones fought?

You just gonna call these guys cans when Khabib got 17 guys with no wikipedia and you claim only 6-8 are cans<45>

Having a wiki doesn't make you good. Not having a wiki doesn't make you can.

Of his first 16 fights before joining the UFC only 8 were actually cans. GSP fought about 5 cans. Jon was about 6.

If you genuinely think all 16 or Khabib's opponents were cans then you clearly can't set your bias aside.

Having a wiki doesn't make you good. Not having a wiki doesn't make you can.

Of his first 16 fights before joining the UFC only 8 were actually cans. GSP fought about 5 cans. Jon was about 6.

If you genuinely think all 16 or Khabib's opponents were cans then you clearly can't set your bias aside.
Man you keep skewing the numbers. First off, it's 17 fights, not 16.

And please tell me which ones of those 17 opponents was legit competition. Cmon, i'm waiting.

GSP fought a top guy in his 6th pro fight ffs. Karo Parisyan was the next big thing at the time... He then fought the WW champ and all time great, Matt Hughes in his 8th pro fight. Who was Khabib fighting in his 8th professional fight?

Listen, i'm not trying to shit on Khabib's record. He always fought everybody they put in front of him. But lets not get delusional here by saying he didn't fight a lot of no name bums coming up.

GSP fought a top guy in his 6th pro fight ffs.

GSP fought legit competition his very first fight. He fought Ivan Menjivar who was 4-0 at that time.
GSP’s competition was far tougher than Khabibs. I posted the records of the guys they both fought an what the records of those guys were when they fought GSP and Khabib respectively maybe about a year ago. It’s a huge difference. Khabib mostly fought cans in comparison to GSP for a vast amount of his career.
Khabib was very dominant in his UFC career though, although I, and most media outlets at that time, thought that Khabib lost to Tibau.

Edit:
I made a whole thread about it actually and it was less than a year ago (Oct 28th, 2020):
GSP's mma beginnings were far tougher than Khabib's

From OP in that thread:
“GSP's start in mma was not aimed at building a magnificent record. GSP's magnificent record he built despite facing tough competition from the very start.
GSP was a 7-0 fighter when he faced the WW GOAT of that time with a record of 36-4 for example. For comparison, Khabib's 8th fight was against a local guy with a record of 2-1 that was coming off of his first loss.

A closer look at the first 7 fights of GSP and Khabib.
Record of the first 7 opponents they both faced at the time that they faced them:

- GSP:
1st fight, opponent record: 4 - 0
2nd fight, opponent record: 4 - 1
3rd fight, opponent record: 5 - 1
4th fight, opponent record: 10 - 9
5th fight, opponent record: 12 - 6
6th fight, opponent record: 10 -2
7th fight, opponent record: 4 - 0

Combined opponent record: 49 - 19

- Khabib:
1st fight, opponent record: 0 - 0
2nd fight, opponent record: 0 - 4
3rd fight, opponent record: 1 - 0
4th fight, opponent record: 2 - 0
5th fight, opponent record: 0 - 0
6th fight, opponent record: 1 - 0
7th fight, opponent record: 2 -0

Combined opponent record: 6 - 4

If you add the 8th fight of both GSP and Khabib it just gets ridiculously uneven in favour of GSP.

GSP:
8th fight, opponent record: 36 - 4 ---> Combined opponent record at that time: 85 - 23

Khabib:
8th fight, opponent record: 2 - 1 ---> Combined opponent record at that time: 8 - 5”

And:

“Faced champs, would be champs and interim champs (UFC, WEC & Strikeforce):

GSP: 15 times (rematching Matt Hughes 2 times and Matt Serra 1 time included)
Khabib: 4 times (2 interim champs created thorough Khabib's inactivity included)

---

Total opponent record:

GSP: 497 - 101 (4.9 : 1 in winning : losing)
Khabib: 300 - 112 (2.7 : 1 in winning : losing)

---

UFC title bouts:

GSP: 15
Khabib: 4

UFC title defences:

GSP: 9
Khabib: 3

UFC titles won:

GSP: 2 (WW & MW)
Khabib: 1 (LW)”

Last edited:
Man you keep skewing the numbers. First off, it's 17 fights, not 16.

And please tell me which ones of those 17 opponents was legit competition. Cmon, i'm waiting.

GSP fought a top guy in his 6th pro fight ffs. Karo Parisyan was the next big thing at the time... He then fought the WW champ and all time great, Matt Hughes in his 8th pro fight. Who was Khabib fighting in his 8th professional fight?

Listen, i'm not trying to shit on Khabib's record. He always fought everybody they put in front of him. But lets not get delusional here by saying he didn't fight a lot of no name bums coming up.
It is 16. He entered the UFC at 16-0. Google is your friend.

Ali Bagov, Eldarov, Shamkhaleav, Kurabanismailov, Mamedov, and Sandulitsky all went on to have solid records and many had very good amateur background similar to Khabib. If you think Bagov, Eldarov, or Shamkhaleav are bad then you're beyond help.

Then you have another 2 or 3 like santos who were above .500 decent fighters. Type of guys everyone fights before the big leagues. Not bad. Not good. The rest were cans.

Khabib fought as many cans as any other fighter with that many fights has.

GSP and Pico were lucky enough to get fast tracked into a ufc contract and title shot. Khabib got tied up with contracts and injured right after beating RDA. Can't help bad luck

Back