News WFL, the first "MMA League" Information

Ya I'm out off this. This is a meme. Also imagine finding 50 combined HW, LHW, And Women's BW who aren't signed to a major promotion and are gonna be willing to fight for this promotion

lol @ doing HW and not BW or FLW. Especially Flyweight where neither Bellator or PFL have a division and it'd be actually easy to get your hands on lots of good fighters.
Also Women's Bantamweight and Not Women's Atomweight. There are barely any Women Bantamweights in the UFC and they are basically the only big promotion who does that division

Also Women's Bantamweight and Not Women's Atomweight.

Tbf a lot of good AW's are tied up in RIZIN and ONE but there's loads of half decent SW's they could have done.

So this is just another American MMA organisation or am I missing something?

There will be 4 Conferences (North America, South America, Europe/Africa, Asia) with 8 teams minimum

The IFL was fun because it was kind of a train wreck, and for the fact that they had novel talent mixed with old names. The coaches actually fought. It was stupid tho. I couldn’t tell you who won.

I'm going to guess they end up somewhere between YAMMA and Affliction in terms of the number of events they hold before going bankrupt.

And by somewhere I mean two.

I'll tune in likely (dep on time and availability) but honestly not expecting a heck of a lot. Seems too big of a bite to swallow so soon for them.

We will see I guess and more MMA is always good by me....

It's interesting and morals of how they want to operate the league is nice to hear.

I just don't know where your getting talent that anyone is going to really care about and by care about, I mean tune into the events. The establish orgs have strong foot hold on the talent. I really think it will take some lucrative media deals so they can set minimum pay outs that gets fighters around the world to take notice. Sounds like they will be putting out a lot of hours of content.

I think Ariel brought up a lot of good points in that interview and didn't get the greatest answers back, a lot of salesman talk going on.

It's interesting and morals of how they want to operate the league is nice to hear.

I just don't know where your getting talent that anyone is going to really care about and by care about, I mean tune into the events. The establish orgs have strong foot hold on the talent. I really think it will take some lucrative media deals so they can set minimum pay outs that gets fighters around the world to take notice. Sounds like they will be putting out a lot of hours of content.

I think Ariel brought up a lot of good points in that interview and didn't get the greatest answers back, a lot of salesman talk going on.
A MMA promotion lives or dies by a tv/distribution deal. UFC has the ESPN deal with gets them half their revenue, Bellator has Showtime since they are both owned by CBS, ONE does YouTube for free and they burn money

A MMA promotion lives or dies by a tv/distribution deal. UFC has the ESPN deal with gets them half their revenue, Bellator has Showtime since they are both owned by CBS, ONE does YouTube for free and they burn money
Billions of people watch ONE, though.

A

Because its a league we assume it'll have a fighters association and a decent revenue split. In reality its a league because they are worried about the Ali act coming to MMA

A

Because its a league we assume it'll have a fighters association and a decent revenue split. In reality its a league because they are worried about the Ali act coming to MMA

According to the interview they will have some parameters set at first and they want the fighters to go through the unionization process to make the union official.

Last edited:
Back