Western Drama THE KID Starring Dane DeHaan, Ethan Hawke & Chris Pratt (First Trailer)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
First Trailer for THE KID Starring Dane DeHaan, Ethan Hawke and Chris Pratt

In this thrilling Western, a young boy, Rio (Jake Schur), is forced to go on the run across the American Southwest in a desperate attempt to save his sister (Leila George) from his villainous uncle (Chris Pratt). Along the way, he encounters Sheriff Pat Garrett (Ethan Hawke), on the hunt for the infamous outlaw Billy the Kid (Dane DeHaan). Rio finds himself increasingly entwined in the lives of these two legendary figures as the cat and mouse game of Billy the Kid’s final year of life plays out. Ultimately Rio is forced to choose which type of man he is going to become, the outlaw or the man of valor, and will use this self-realization in a final act to save his family. Opens March 8th, 2019.

The trailer was just so-so for me but this still intrigues me because I like westerns and the cast assembled looks good and it's directed by Vincent D'Onofrio. Seeing Chris Pratt in full villain mode might be worth seeing alone. (Is this Pratt's first villain role?)

The trailer was just so-so for me but this still intrigues me because I like westerns and the cast assembled looks good and it's directed by Vincent D'Onofrio. Seeing Chris Pratt in full villain mode might be worth seeing alone. (Is this Pratt's first villain role?)

Well unless you count him being a creepy, manipulative stalker to Jennifer Lawrence in Passengers;)

Looks good, and I've always had a soft spot for Billy the Kid.

Well unless you count him being a creepy, manipulative stalker to Jennifer Lawrence in Passengers;)

Looks good, and I've always had a soft spot for Billy the Kid.
Pratt was also the douchey best friend in Wanted.

200.gif

Pratt was also the douchey best friend in Wanted.

200.gif

Good call, although in my defence I've managed to wipe the memory of that abortion from my mind. One of the worst comic book adaptions ever. Unforgivable since the original comic was awesome.

Also, if The Don directs as well as he acts, this movie is going to be sick:cool:

"One more step and it WILL be your last."

I'm in.

This cast looks fantastic, and the chemistry feels good.

Good call, although in my defence I've managed to wipe the memory of that abortion from my mind. One of the worst comic book adaptions ever. Unforgivable since the original comic was awesome.
I didn't read the comic book first but I love Wanted (the movie).

I didn't read the comic book first but I love Wanted (the movie).

I liked it too but never read the comic. And that scene where McAvoy flips the hell out and quits his job is perhaps my favorite scene in the film. lol.

that billy the kid actor looks like Leonardo Dicaprio

Also Chris Pratt wearing a horrible fake beard most of the budget must have went into actors salary

Pat vs Billy.

Hawke and Pratt.

I love everything about this movie. Can’t wait.

that billy the kid actor looks like Leonardo Dicaprio

Also Chris Pratt wearing a horrible fake beard most of the budget must have went into actors salary

Dane DeHaan is pretty good.

You should check him out in Chronicle.

Should have done a movie about pratt and hawkes characters in magnificent seven

I think guys like Pratt should do villain roles more often (or would that ruin the effect?) At least it worked for Denzel and Cruise.

That boyish charisma tends to translate into magnetic watchable villains, when the script doesn't blow it.

Trailer didnt look good at all
Will probably still watch and hope for the best cause I love westerns

Back