Were you nervous?

babygetoboy

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I'm supposed to go to my first MMA training tonight, and I'm getting pretty nervous about it. Nervous about getting hit and fighting (never been in a fight in my life) I'm going to be training with a pro fighter so I'm sure they bang hard and train hard.

Did you guys feel this way before you started?

I'm sure if you tell them/they know you're a first timer, they won't be putting the stamp on you just yet. Take it easy, and let them know that you haven't done it before.

For a practice? I guess you could say I was nervous, more so eager then anything though. I love practicing with new people and the thought of how these new people could challenge can usually get me worked up to being nervous.

thats normal i got pretty nervous the first time i put on mma gloves and got ready to spar with a guy i knew would kick my ass but it goes away after a couple weeks

I got nervous before boxing. its just the nature of the sport very adrenalin filled. try to relax and use that energy to ur advantage. be a good training partner too. dont swing for the fences and try to show off or sum shit be koo.

I'm nervous everytime I fight or roll. The amount of nervousness varies based on the perceived importance to me. Typically, as you fight/compete more you will learn to control/utilize it to help you. It's funny though typically once the match starts the nervousness goes away and its all about winning.

yup up until the point of the fight or what not Im nervous. Its just how I was when I played football to, I would feel so nervous until I got out there once it started it just went away.

Holy shit... It was brutal, I am so sore today it's crazy. And I'm used to being sore from switching over from bodybuilding, but man , I am wrecked, and I have to go back tomorrow for striking!! I can barely walk.

babygetoboy said:
Holy shit... It was brutal, I am so sore today it's crazy. And I'm used to being sore from switching over from bodybuilding, but man , I am wrecked, and I have to go back tomorrow for striking!! I can barely walk.

heh no worries bro that happens.... its a differnet workout than lifting weights but stick with it and the soreness doesnt bother you so much trust me. Good luck bro

babygetoboy said:
eat it up and keep coming back. the more enthusiastic about it you are, the sooner the pain is away and you're kicking ass.

I was a little bit nervous at my first fight and I lost it. On my second and third fight I wasn't nervous anymore and I did win both.
There are peoples who need some nervousity and to turn it into agressivity and there are peoples who need to stay calm to fight good. Tell yourself that you're well prepared physically and technicaly and that you will win! That should allready calm you down.
I wish you good luck for your fight. And just tell you that your opponent will be nervous too.

MisterSambo said:
I was a little bit nervous at my first fight and I lost it. On my second and third fight I wasn't nervous anymore and I did win both.
There are peoples who need some nervousity and to turn it into agressivity and there are peoples who need to stay calm to fight good. Tell yourself that you're well prepared physically and technicaly and that you will win! That should allready calm you down.
I wish you good luck for your fight. And just tell you that your opponent will be nervous too.
not to be a dick, since your reply is really good, but he was talking about his first training, not fight. :)

I was nervous for my first boxing practice. The dude was big and been boxing for a year, after I get hit hard for the first time, I wasn't nervous anymore.

Where in michigan are you bighead? That's where I'm from, metro detroit area.

Back