Were you impressed by Khamzat Chimaev performance?

Were you impressed by Khamzat Chimaev performance?

• Total voters
What about the cardio...what about round 4-5 blaaaahblaaahblaaah

Bro styles makes fights and Strickland is getting demolished before round 4.

He can't stop one single td.

Khamzat can be worried when he faces a fighter with similar skillset and on top of that a good gas tank. Then he's in trouble in a five rounder

Very impressed.

Anyone been watching Usman fights for a long time knows he hasn’t been dominated like that in the wrestling and the grappling..

Khamzat was very nice in his speech in English about the children in the war. Christian, Muslim or Jewish hates seeing what’s happening to the children. Very happy he wasn’t using the spotlight to blame one Country. Respect to Chimaev. Not sure what he said in his own language.

Khamzat looked great did what he needed to do respect to Usman he showed up and got paid but he didn’t look that good to be honest.

First round was doninarion.
Second round I was expecting him to do alot more.

Third round that take down probably edged it out for him to with the third.

Still on the fence, every win seems to have an asterisk next to it. He's a high level fighter no doubt but I'm looking forward to him taking on a full camp legit top 5 MW. But he seemed like a nice guy after the fight tonight and didn't go all spastic Connor about 'I smeshe everyone"o mode
Nice guy with khadrylov sons in corner.

Khamzat was very nice in his speech in English about the children in the war. Christian, Muslim or Jewish hates seeing what’s happening to the children. Very happy he wasn’t using the spotlight to blame one Country. Respect to Chimaev. Not sure what he said in his own language.
"By Allah, give me a rifle and let me go to Palestine..."
Khamzat.jpg

Not lying, look it up

my guess is covid did fuck his lung up, there was a picture of him coughing up blood a couple years ago

you don't recover 100 percent on that

there's a lot of tough opponents for him in 185, i do think he takes down strickland easily and have his way with him.

Don't think it has anything to do with Covid, but he explodes a lot when he takes his opponent down, especially when the opponent has the ability to resist a bit, as both Gilbert and Kamaru did, he had to work for those takedowns, and even more to keep the opponent down.

He and Usman were both sort of impressive to me. Khamzat in the sense that in the grappling department, he so emphatically handled a fighter who is never known to be taken down and controlled. Usman in that he fought a damn good fighter on short notice and still managed to hold his own, both thwarting the submission attempts and controlling the tempo of the standup/winning the striking exchanges.

People will use the context to either put one guy as more impressive than the other (Khamzat winning despite sustaining an injury of some sort during the fight or Usman looking solid despite taking a short notice fight in a higher weight class) but I think they both came out of that looking pretty good.

He has weaknesses, but the upside is still there

I'm impressed by his beard

I’m waiting on Strickland vs Khamzat to be a 3 round championship fight.

It’s not his fault he got Usman as a late replacement moving up in weight, but at the same time nobody was talking about Usman as a potential challenger for the MW title 2 weeks ago.

If you weren't you're a fucking dumbass, and probably blind. He dominated someone who until recently was the "P4P best fighter in the world". He showed maturity and won every single fucking round.

Not really he won on size an size alone there is a reason he cherry picks smaller guys.

First round, very impressed. I knew if Khamzat gets Usman to the mat without them scrambling back up straight away, he’d have a huge advantage. Well, Khamzat did get fresh Usman down and made it look kinda easy. That alone should impress the hell out of anyone. Then Chimaev proceeded to dominate Usman for the remainder of the round, threatening with chokes and landing gnp, even if the strikes were kinda soft or blocked. Credit to Usman for defending well, he was put in baaad positions.

2nd round I don’t know what I was watching. They had the pace of a 3rd round HW fight, both careful in their advances and pretty much just pot shotted. It wasn’t impressive for either guy and Usman got back in the fight by landing the better shots on the feet, where he managed to keep the fight. I’d say they didn’t look like top5 MW fighters here.

3rd round was pretty close, Usman having some advantage on the feet and Khamzat got the takedown which probably won him the round. Usman managed to get up and the stand up was sloppy as shit by both guys, swinging wide arcing shots, telegraphed and bad technique. Arms totally burned out from grappling? Maybe, but that after taking the second round off that looked awful. At least for Usman it was a short notice fight, so I will cut him a little slack.

I don’t know how Costa would’ve looked against this version of Chimaev, but ehh.. Overall not very impressed. I think Costa would’ve beat this version of Usman and I’ll fight you
<Prem771>

Btw @TheMMAnalyst wasn’t this fight pretty much how we thought it would to down?

Back