''We're in the hurt business''

MoroccanFan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Do you guys agree with this statement when it comes to bad mouthing/disrespecting eachother just because they are in the ''hurt business''?

Yea, wish it could be purely "sport" but that's not how ppv works doe

Nope.
You can be like Barry Sanders, who was politely awesome. Always gave the ball to the ref.

You can actually be a nice person and a fighter. Sam Alvey.

Do you guys agree with this statement when it comes to bad mouthing/disrespecting eachother just because they are in the ''hurt business''?
To each his own. If it ain't you, don't be that way. I don't believe in bad mouthing and dissing, but I'm not about to preach my standards to those who do that. They'll either keep winning being that way, or lose and hopefully learn not to be that way.

If you are offended that someone talks smack which can only hurt if you chose to take it personal, how are you not offended about fighters giving each other brain damage and body damage for the rest of their life, you can get over words, but get over being on a wheelchair...oh wait..

Why give a f*ck about what someone says about you? Just wait and break there face in the octagon.

I'd rather it be the hurt business instead of the Hollywood soap opera business WME is turning it into.

#makefightsgreatagain

Everybody is wired differently, some people trash talk to hype themselves up, some people talk trash to build up a fight, or some people like Dan Hardy used to do, just like to have some banter to keep themselves entertained during the process of camp.

I believe for the most part everybody who competes has a level of respect for each other unless it’s just a real animosity.

I don’t mind regardless. I always thought it was badass seeing Machida get a knockout and bowing to his opponent afterwards, I also enjoy Conor McGregor’s antics and Old School Tito Ortiz and Brock Lesnar.

giphy.gif

It is a bit weird that people who fight for a living have to trash each other on social media.

Then again, they're competing against other sports and entertainment for your dollar.

It's in most fighters DNA to be confrontational both physically and verbally.

The trash talking is stupid to anyone over 12 years old.

I pity the double digit IQ having morons who get off on the trash talk and actually believe the fake rivalry being created.

It's large in part just a sales tactic. A promotional effort, if you will.

Back