We're all mad

MarleyLynx

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Over Jon Jones and his little fun and games but did we all forget how much we all still loved Chucky after this?

[YT]watch?v=mLFeOffPahA[/YT]

Don't associate everyone with the hater's with sad lives who only get joy out of others misery

And Chuck was the man

Not sure what video you posted but if thats the one where he falls asleep in the interview he took a lot of shit for that. A lot.

Lol. Interviewer kept calling it "The Ultimate Fight Championship". What a maroon. WTF was wrong with Chuck? Was he drunk or just exhausted?

Are you saying Chuck didn't get heat for that?

Chuck was a guy who wore his heart on his sleeve. You knew who he was and he wasn't ashamed of it. He wasn't out there acting fake and pretending to something he wasn't. Easy to like an honest person. You know what you're getting with him.

I don't know anyone that's actually upset about the coke thing. Most people just find it amusing given that Jones pretended he was a choir boy.

The T/E and the seeming cover-up or side-skirting is the problem and that doesn't really have to do with Jones. It has to do with the NSAC and Zuffa.

But by all means, Jones Fans, get up on that cross some more.

This has to have been repeated a million times, but it's the discrepancy between the holier than thou attitude and what he really does that pisses people off most of all. Kind of like if GSP got caught cheating he would have gotten way more criticism for it than, say, someone like Barnett.

Over Jon Jones and his little fun and games but did we all forget how much we all still loved Chucky after this?

[YT]watch?v=mLFeOffPahA[/YT]

It's the fake aspect of Jones that makes these two scenarios different. Chuck didn't offer himself as a Christian role model. Chuck projected an image of a wild stallion who could knock dudes heads off. You just inherently sensed that he was partying hard and banging broads outside the cage, and you rooted for him. He was living the life that most men wish they could live. So you could laugh these things off.

Lol. Interviewer kept calling it "The Ultimate Fight Championship". What a maroon. WTF was wrong with Chuck? Was he drunk or just exhausted?

Both i'm sure. Chuck was well known to be a party animal and OP is implying there is a double standard with him and Jones, which isn't true. Chuck took a ton of heat for that interview

was Chuck for sure using? maybe he was just drunk or hungover...I don't know but I do know Chuck was just more liked by fans than Jones

Both i'm sure. Chuck was well known to be a party animal and OP is implying there is a double standard with him and Jones, which isn't true. Chuck took a ton of heat for that interview

Thanks. I somehow missed that little bit of drama. I'll be glad when the post fight drug tests come back and we can hopefully move on from this. I'm not a fan of organizations being responsible to police what fighters do in their spare time. That's for the Police and the Courts to deal with.

I ain't mad and I thought it was a little nuts how much shit Chuck caught as well. The humorous shit he got was funny, but there were definitely people just angry about it.

Chuck was just a lush.

Jones was disliked before the dui

alice-wonderland-cheshire-cat-smile-were-all-mad-here-eternalthinker-blogspot-com.png

Chuck came at a time when the sport, though rapidly growing, was further out on the fringe. I think some people were a little more sensitive to media perceptions of fighters...fans of MMA want the outside world to think of this as a serious sport, and maybe Chuck created a different image in this interview? I don't know...I wasn't following at the time. Was there a big stink about this?

So it's cool to be an addict as long as you made it obvious?

That's the biggest sack of shit I've ever read. Jones could be the exact same way and people would be jumping on him from day one. When he tested positive it would just be a "see, he doesn't deserve to be champ, he's a criminal" and on and on.

You people are out of your gourds if you think it would be different.

Back