Werdum will never solidify his legacy thanks to Dana

shinbone28

White Belt
Reaction score
No matter what he will always have that arlovski question mark

if he beats Cain in a rematch and cant rematch AA, who had a more dominant comeback in terms of # of opponents and same opponents

Arlovski beat all mutual opponents he had with Werdum in much more devastated fashion than Werdum did, and won more fights during his comeback

Werdum lost to Arlovski, who has best takedown defense in the division statistically, and arguably the best offensive striking

this chance for a missed rematch will forever put a question mark next to Werdum's name any time they talk about him being GOAT because he never beat Arlovski, oh Arlovski couldve been Werdums kryptonite... styalistically, Arlovski is a better matchup for Werdum than everyone else in the division

Dana u fuked up, just saying

if u wanted Werdum to solidify his legacy, u put him against the top contender, who has a win over Werdum

now we may miss our chance for a rematch

and Werdum will have that question mark next to his name

funny thing is, Werdum asked for Arlovski next, but no Dana knows best right!

5 threads in an hour.

I'm curious, what made you start posting now?

I don't understand. If Werdum beats Cain, won't he still have an opportunity to fight Arlovski? Or are you suggesting that Arlovski has little time before he must be transported back to his home dimension?

Werdum is already more accomplished than AA will ever be. His legacy is secure.

Calm down son.

giphy.gif

5 threads in an hour.

I'm curious, what made you start posting now?

He sat on the sidelines for 11 years, watching the Sherdog train go by, allowing his opinions to remain silent, unspoken, yearning to express himself but afraid to take that final irrevocable step.

And then he saw this...

Werdum doesn't need that fight, at all.
Arlovski was the UFC champion, but never was the ranked 1 fighter in the world.
Also Werdum has way better wins, when put into context, and is also a way better fighter skillwise.

Werdum's legacy is for granted. He beat the Goat and he beat the best right now to become the champion. Arlovski is a serious contender but he won't question Werdum's legacy

Hope Werdum beats Cain's arse and retires so that he'll go down as GOAT and dana can have his mexican paper champion.

Your logic is retarded.

You are using MMA math, when Arlovski and Werdum already fought and Arlovski won.

And your MMA Math doesn't really apply in this case.

A more recent MMA math case would be both Arlovski and Werdum fought Browne and Big Foot during their comeback, Arlovski was far more dominant.

Your logic is retarded.

You are using MMA math, when Arlovski and Werdum already fought and Arlovski won.

A more recent MMA math case would be both Arlovski and Werdum fought Browne and Big Foot during their comeback, Arlovski was far more dominant.

There is no way that you're that stupid. Trolling.

Your logic is retarded.

There's nothing retarded with my logic.
You explicitly said "Arlovski beat all mutual opponents he had with Werdum".
He didn't, he got one punch'd by Fedor, while Werdum sub'd him.

Also, let's put your cherry picking into context:
Werdum fought a TRT Bigfoot 6 years ago, while Arlovski fought a testosterone-less Bigfoot that Mir KO'd just as easily.
You say the Bigfoot fights count (while they were 5 years apart, during which time Werdum massively improved his game and Silva stopped receiving treatment for his disease) but the Fedor fights that happened a year and half appart don't? :icon_lol:

Let's talk about "comeback" then:
Since returning to the UFC Werdum has fought 6 guys and has won all of those fights in dominant fashion, leaving no doubt he was the best fighter every time. He finished 4 of his opponents and won the UFC title becoming the undisputed number one heavyweight fighter in the world.
Since returning to the UFC Arlovski has won 3 fights, one of them a terrible fight that Schaub should've won, the Bigfoot KO that was already addressed, and the Browne TKO, his best win.

Let's talk about overall careers:
Fabricio Werdum has a 20-5 record (80% winning ratio)
Has only been finished once (by JDS).
Never had a losing streak on his career.
He is currently riding his longest win streak at 6, fighting for the best org in the world.
UFC Champion.
Consensus number 1 fighter in the world at heavyweight.
80% Finishing rate.

Andrei Arlovski has a 24-10 record (71% winning ratio)
Has been finished 7 times.
Had a 4 fight losing streak at a point.
His best winning streak is 6 fights, and he's probably going to do it again when he KO's Mir.
UFC Champion.
Has NEVER been a consensus top 3 fighter at heavyweight.
83% Finishing rate.

Meh, it's pretty clear who has had the better career at this point, yeah Arlovski won a decision 8 years ago, big deal.

Waiting for you to prove my "logic is retarded" again.

a couple of points i'd like to make, firstly the Arlovski question can easily be solved for Werdum if he beats Cain again and Arlovski beats Mir. I'm certain the match up would be seriously considered if this happens and Werdum could solidify himself that more with a victory.

Secondly, what is with all the Cain hate since his loss? Guy is a great fighter who has dispatched some great fighters. He has a unique skill set for a HW and has been plagued by injuries setting up all sorts of questions about octagon rust and such. Now i'm not a Cain fanboy, I appreciate his talent, recognize it, and i'm simply wondering why so many on here are throwing him under the bus like he was never deserving of his status when he ruled the division.

There's nothing retarded with my logic.
You explicitly said "Arlovski beat all mutual opponents he had with Werdum".
He didn't, he got one punch'd by Fedor, while Werdum sub'd him.

Also, let's put your cherry picking into context:
Werdum fought a TRT Bigfoot 6 years ago, while Arlovski fought a testosterone-less Bigfoot that Mir KO'd just as easily.
You say the Bigfoot fights count (while they were 5 years apart, during which time Werdum massively improved his game and Silva stopped receiving treatment for his disease) but the Fedor fights that happened a year and half appart don't? :icon_lol:

Let's talk about "comeback" then:
Since returning to the UFC Werdum has fought 6 guys and has won all of those fights in dominant fashion, leaving no doubt he was the best fighter every time. He finished 4 of his opponents and won the UFC title becoming the undisputed number one heavyweight fighter in the world.
Since returning to the UFC Arlovski has won 3 fights, one of them a terrible fight that Schaub should've won, the Bigfoot KO that was already addressed, and the Browne TKO, his best win.

Let's talk about overall careers:
Fabricio Werdum has a 20-5 record (80% winning ratio)
Has only been finished once (by JDS).
Never had a losing streak on his career.
He is currently riding his longest win streak at 6, fighting for the best org in the world.
UFC Champion.
Consensus number 1 fighter in the world at heavyweight.
80% Finishing rate.

Andrei Arlovski has a 24-10 record (71% winning ratio)
Has been finished 7 times.
Had a 4 fight losing streak at a point.
His best winning streak is 6 fights, and he's probably going to do it again when he KO's Mir.
UFC Champion.
Has NEVER been a consensus top 3 fighter at heavyweight.
83% Finishing rate.

Meh, it's pretty clear who has had the better career at this point, yeah Arlovski won a decision 8 years ago, big deal.

Waiting for you to prove my "logic is retarded" again.

What? You're using facts to back your arguments up on sherdog? Is that even allowed???

Your logic is retarded.

I am a huge AA fan but I think they were equally dominant against Browne. Arlovski clearly has more power but Werdum tuned Browne up and never looked in trouble and Arlovski while dominant did get rocked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back