Werdum HW GOAT!

wwkirk

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hey, it's not me saying it. Email from PFL:
Werdum.jpg

in before triggered Fedor fans

Really though, easy mil for Werdum. I don't blame him for signing.

It'll be fun getting to watch him (presumably) run through the PFL HW division. I just hope he trains and takes these guys seriously, because he can get cracked.

Pfl are just repeating Ali’s ridiculous statements. Lol!!!!

Rooting for Isaev to Ko juicehead.

Werdum is a legend, but advertising him as the GOAT is a bit ridiculous.

“I am excited to announce Fabricio Werdum, the Tom Brady of MMA, has signed with the Professional Fighters League,” said Peter Murray, CEO of the PFL

Werdum = Tom Brady of MMA
Travis Lutter = Michael Jordan of BJJ

Werdum is a former UFC Heavyweight champ that beat the likes of Cain, Fedor, Nogueira, Hunt, Gus, Vera (only listing him as he's currently ONE HW champ).

They're gonna do their damnest to promote the shit out of that. Not that I agree with the statement but Werdum is easily the PFL's biggest get in their whole history.

Remember when Jake Shields and Will Brooks were the biggest names on the PFL roster?

Werdum certainly deserves to be in the conversation for HW GOAT. Victories over Gustafsson, Overeem, Cain, Hunt, Nogueira, Big Country, Fedor, Big Foot, Brandon Vera, Gonzaga, and Aleksander Emelianenko should at least get you in that conversation. Particularly because he submitted more than half of those guys.
Having said that, at 43 years old im not sure how much more he can offer as a fighter right now. He has perhaps a 2 or 3 more solid fights, I guess but he is obviously well past his prime already. Aging legends are sometimes a bit sad to see, and aside from a Fedor rematch (which not a lot of people are very interested in seeing happen again given their current situations) there isnt much more for him to do in the UFC or Bellator. Signing with the PFL was definitely the right move for him, though. He has a very good chance at getting that million bucks within a year. Aside from Isaev and Goltsov, he will not have a lot of difficulties in the PFL.

Werdum certainly deserves to be in the conversation for HW GOAT. Victories over Gustafsson, Overeem, Cain, Hunt, Nogueira, Big Country, Fedor, Big Foot, Brandon Vera, Gonzaga, and Aleksander Emelianenko should at least get you in that conversation. Particularly because he submitted more than half of those guys.
Having said that, at 43 years old im not sure how much more he can offer as a fighter right now. He has perhaps a 2 or 3 more solid fights, I guess but he is obviously well past his prime already. Aging legends are sometimes a bit sad to see, and aside from a Fedor rematch (which not a lot of people are very interested in seeing happen again given their current situations) there isnt much more for him to do in the UFC or Bellator. Signing with the PFL was definitely the right move for him, though. He has a very good chance at getting that million bucks within a year. Aside from Isaev and Goltsov, he will not have a lot of difficulties in the PFL.
that's why randy is the goat, he managed to be a champ even in his old days

Back